MIL Counter Intel Anyone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Capitals, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Capitals

Capitals Guest

The 02 (intel) moniter was on our base the other day and doing screenings for CI. I can't do it just yet, have to at least be a Cpl, but I'm thinking about trying out for it once I pick up. They gave us a pretty general overview of it, and the training you go through, anyone have any expierence with these guys or know anything else about it?

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

What do you want to know?
    I am with them on a daily basis.

3. Capitals

Capitals Guest

Just more of the simple stuff, what do they normally do during the day, what's their normal training like. Obviously the CI recruiter fed us all the James Bondesq stories of what'd it'd be like but I'm more interested in normal day to day, nondeployed information.

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Well most of them go by first names.
    You don't have to wear name tapes, or rank.

Really cool toys. :coold:

We go out on patrols and gather intel. Pick people up for lil "chats", process what ever comes of it....stuff like that.

At the moment I can't really say too much just for the sake of OPSEC.

5. Capitals

Capitals Guest

yeah i know that's why i'm having trouble asking questions. :rofl:

what's garrison life like? what are the main standards they look at when recruiting people? any specific things i should start working on now to make my chances better when i pick up and go see my career planner to attempt the move?

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Here's what a former Counter Intel Marine had to say on another forum.....

7. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

HUMMINT = Good stuff

There are a ton of HET teams.

Funny story I will share with you. This took place about 2 months ago maybe.

There was some local guy who was always wandering around the area and always coming too close to the convoys and patrols. So we picked his ass up and took him in for question multiple times. He had nothing to offer. No family in the area, just some wacked out guy.
    So we picked him up in another convoy and sent him on an outbound one to be dropped off in a totally different region of the country where he can't find his way home.
    :rofl:

:Owned:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  8. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

Army used to have a DLAB score requirement, but removed it due to difficulties finding qualified individuals. AFAIK, they are merging 97E and 97B. Have no idea about other services. I used to work in the language lab with some CI/HUMINT guys, but they kept to themselves off duty.

9. Capitals

Capitals Guest

ah damn, they didn't say anything to me about having to be 21. just looked it up and verified. back to waiting for msg. :o