SRS Couldn't go through with breaking it off tonight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by epitaph, Sep 11, 2004.

1. epitaph

epitaph Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus.

Apologies for the length of the post. If anything, at least I can just vent. That's what the forum's for, isn't it? :hs: Anyway....

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 2 months. It was all wodnerful and great at first, but quickly deteriorated (at least for me), when a lot of stuff happened and I came to learn more about her. I didn't feel the same way about her anymore and I started becoming distant. She noticed and brought it up this week. Tonight, I finally convinced myself to just do it and get it over with.

The problem is, I just couldn't. In all honesty, she's a wonderful girl, very sweet, does anything to make me happy. Truly selfless. There just isn't that "click" though, I don't feel excited to see her, I get annoyed at her calls, etc etc. To me that just says, "she's not the right girl for me." It's such a shame, and hard to come to grips with. We enjoyed some good times.

It was a 4 hour ordeal just earlier. She went on trying to convince me not to do it, I was persistent, until she broke down into uncontrollable crying. I mean, really bad, nothing I've ever seen before during a break-up. I couldn't handle the pain I was causing her, she kept begging for 2 weeks to prove herself so she could at least know it's not her fault, and at that point if nothing changed, she would walk away.

Did I do the right thing? I don't think I did. But I couldn't bear to see the absolute pain she was going through, and I cried with her because of it. I care about her enough to do this for her, yet I know nothing will change. Should I bring it back up and kill it for good? Let her have her "2 weeks"? I'm pretty confused.

2. pdoggdx

pdoggdx Member

if you don't want to be with her now, you have to remain strong and end it. it's giong to be a lot easier for her now to deal with the pain then lets say a year later when you realize you really can't be with her any more. also it's not going to be a healthy relationship if you're not into it and you're only still with her because she's begging you to stay.

3. epitaph

epitaph Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus.

I know you're right. And I know I was wrong. I'm soft when it comes to these things. I can't handle girls crying - uncontrollably at that! (but what guy can?) It's impossible to think straight under the circumstances we were dealing with hours ago, as hard as I tried to stand my ground, so I gave in to her request. Thanks for replying. :sadwavey:

4. Larry David Jr.

Larry David Jr. &autoplay=1 OT Supporter

Breaking up sux-0rs.

Giving her the two weeks seems like being a gentlemen to me.

Search your soul, if you've given her this extension, perhaps there is a part of you that wants this too.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Give her the two weeks. Even if you ultimately intend to do it anyways, the two weeks will help to acclimatize her to the new reality.

Be gentle with her, but be true to your convictions. The two are not mutually incompatible.

6. Larry David Jr.

Larry David Jr. &autoplay=1 OT Supporter

IBidb.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005