Could you tell me some history on this speaker?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

2. 04

04 Guest

I was going to get it for my brother. The guys never emailed me back though :mad: . Its supposed to be a decent woofer for a good price though. The downside though, is that the cone area is really really small with that huge surround. IMHO they do not need that wide of a surround to support the excursion of the driver, it is more of a "looks" type of thing.

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

would a 10" speaker put out as low a sound as a 12" speaker?

4. 04

04 Guest

It depends.

I can think of a great comparision of this too. Take an emminence alpha series 12" and compare it to the dayton titanic 10". The 10" will go substantially lower in frequency. However, the Emminence 12" will be a lot more efficient, meaning you dont have to give it as much power to get the same loudness.

It is all a bunch of tradeoffs.

5. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

RE must have been really busy. They helped my friend and I out alot when he bought his 12" XXX's, and another friend just bought a single 15" XXX. David and Terry are really great guys their customer service is excellent they go the extra mile.

I personally haven't used the SE but I know the quality of RE subs. I have read some reviews and Dumax testing for the SE 10" VS JL 12W7 the SE won in SPL but could not hang in the Sq department. Also the SE's have scored up to 157db certified in Super Street 1-2.

6. 04

04 Guest

In what ways did the RE beat the JL? DUMAX has many parameters.....

Not trying to hate, but its kinda hard to believe the low end SE series from RE beats the W7, especially considering the price difference? :confused:

Did you mean the HC series?

7. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Xmax the SE won all the other aspecs of the test I dont quite rember. The RE UK distrubotor did the testing about 4-6months ago.

I also had a hard time believing that the SE would could match some of the same abilitys as the W7.

I'll try to get some info it wasn't a major release or anything.

8. jeremyd

jeremyd Guest

SE won't have the power handling of the w7. It won't sound as good, although they can sound great when in the propere enclosure. But the se will offer far greater performance for the dollar.

If you're looking for a sub to absolutely shit on the w7, the XXX is where its at:)