GUN Could you do it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

If somone was in your home and you had the right to STK, would you? Or would you attempt to disarm/coerce the intruder to surrender at gunpoint? I only ask this because I would think it would be extemely hard to live with killing another human being, when you know it could have ended another way. Discuss.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

STK? :confused:

Anyways, i'll shoot the fucker and have ice cream afterwards. I should have joined the military, but my fucked up back pervents me :hs:

3. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

If you could have ended it another way then you should. Only use the amount of force NESSESARY. if it is NESSESARY to kill, then there is no other way out. Fire away.

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

id have to be there.. if the guy had a gun in his hand, id probably shoot him.. if he was in my house,without a gun in his hand, id probably order him on the ground and duct tape his ass together

5. Ghostrider4450

Shoot To Kill. :hsugh:

6. Ghostrider4450

Shoot to kill or shoot to incapacitate? I mean both are entirely possible, but I can def see where you are coming from.

7. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

:werd:

8. CString

CString New Member

I'd use whatever force was necessary. If the intruder had a gun and I felt my fiance and son were in danger I would definitely shoot. Whether I incapacitate or kill depends on how fast he can move.:o

9. Ghostrider4450

What weapons do you guys currently employ for this prupose. Ie home defense only, not range/case queens.

10. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I agree, although I would cuff him instead, rather than " duct taping his ass together."

Mossberg 500, Colt 1911.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  11. CString

CString New Member

I have a Remington 1100 12ga. right inside my closet. When I get my XD I will probably leave it in the night stand when I'm in bed.

12. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

I have an XD 40 and a P3AT in my dresser next to my bed

13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Um...

It's just me, but some of you seem unprepared in your own personal mindset to actually use the tools to defend yourself that you own for THAT VERY PURPOSE.

If you are legally justified in using deadly force, then it means that you fear death or serious bodily injury to yourself or another. If you DON'T use deadly force in that instance, then why have firearms in the first place? If you DON'T fear for your life, it'd be a good idea to NOT use deadly force, because then, in most states and most cases, it's not legally justified. Basically, you're all arguing a moot point, because if you use it when necessary, it is by definition justified.

If you think someone in your home is dangerous enough for you to bother pointing your firearm at him, then you would be a fool to continue simply POINTING it without actually EMPLOYING it. I sense a HUGE vacuum of mental preparation for something so serious. You're all only going halfway, because you own firearms, but don't actually prepare yourselves mentally to use them. You find ways in your mind to keep from using them, and excuses why you shouldn't use them.

The simple fact is that in this scenario, someone is in your home. Based on the information given in setting up the scenario, you are faced with the decision to DISARM an armed person IN YOUR HOME. If you have to think about whether or not that is a threat, you are not in the right place in your mind. If you think that you would not be able to live with killing another human being in order to protect yourself or others, do not own firearms.

14. Ghostrider4450

That is in part, why I posed this question to this forum. It seems that alot of people arent prepared to go through with it.

15. footratfunkface

Yourself included.

I myself have zero qualms about defending my life or that of someone else to whatever end necessary. I will fucking CHEW through someone's external jugular if that's what it takes to be the one that survives.

16. Ghostrider4450

"

Yeah im included because you know this? Break into my house and see for yourself what my resolve is.

:squint:

You assume too much.

17. footratfunkface

I don't assume shit. I think this is pretty self-evident. You have second thoughts before you're ever faced with the situation. You will second guess yourself all the way to the floor.

18. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

that MF'er would be dead. haven't you seen the movies where they pretend to surrender, but then pull out a little .380 from their back? yea fuck that, i'm comin out guns blazin.

19. Ghostrider4450

I second guess now because I have a skewed view of death. My friend just died. But if I was in a situation where I knew it was me or him. It would be his blood on the floor, not mine.

20. footratfunkface

Shit, death is just part of life. I saw a dude's brains the other day at work. You could reach in there and poke his third grade education. You haven't even BEGUN to imagine a skewed view of death until you see it a few more times. In person.

I have no hesitation defending myself because I have the drive to live, and I get pissed off at the thought that someone else might want to end me. It's kind of like school spirit, only more enthusiastic, and for my own personal team.

I would have a hard time dealing with killing someone IF I didn't believe that they intended me serious bodily harm. Run over someone in the middle of the night? Yeah, I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life. But putting down a threat to my life is nothing to stress about at all after it's done.

21. Ghostrider4450

:cool:

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I would never shoot to "incapacitate".. you're just setting yourself up for a lawsuit.

If you use your gun.. shoot to kill, or dont use it.

23. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

you have a good point. besides.. the guy IS in your house unwelcomed.. however, you dont know if hes a threat.. and I dont live in Texas, I can't just shoot anyone... I need to look into home defense laws..

24. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

quote of the day

25. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

If given the chance I would honestly take his life instead of risking my family's life. You never hear good things about people breaking into a house and doing good things