SRS Could use some advice...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Active, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Active

Active New Member

I’ve been seeing this girl for about a month now. We pretty much have talked or texted everyday for a while now. Anyway I saw her 2 weekends ago when we went out to a bar together. Talked to her everyday this week. Thursday, she had lasik eye surgery so she was at home all night. I talked to her on the phone and stuff. Friday, she was sick so I texted her a few times and asked her if she wanted to hang out on Saturday. She never gave me an answer and the next day called me she went to convention earlier in the day and then wanted to see if I was up for going to the beach with her and her friend later that night. I said sure, and then she called me an hour later to tell me her plans changed. She was going home to visit her friends from home. So I said ok and left it at that. Sunday was her birthday, I texted her happy birthday what is she doing and she just told me I’m going shopping with my friend then going home so she could go to dinner with her brother. I said cool have a good day. She texts me back and said how about we hang out on Wednesday and I don’t know why but it kind of annoyed me. I guess it’s because I actually put in the time to draw her a painting for her birthday and it felt like she was avoiding me all weekend. I don’t know, she talks to me all day but doesn’t want to see me? Anyway, I was annoyed with it and just told her Wednesday wouldn’t work and I will see her some other time. That was Sunday, haven’t talked to her since. I’m not sure, I think I just over-reacted, but I was really annoyed she couldn’t hang out with me for 1 day when I talk and text with her all day. Especially because I actually got her a gift for her birthday and it’s sitting on my living room table at home. I’m just thinking of calling her tonight and telling her I was disappointed over the weekend and felt like I was brushed off. I don’t know, what do you all think I should do? Any advice would be cool.

2. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Eh, I wouldn't harp on her for it. Maybe she was really just busy. Give her a call tonight (or tomorrow night) and make a joke about it. Say "ghash do you think you can pencil me in for Saturday??" And if she still insists on Wed say you have plans, sorry. And see what her response is, if she is upset by it or shrugs it off. Maybe she just thinks of you as a friend??

3. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Well. You're not dating. And you're already freaking out that she didn't spend time with you on her birthday... Then, you retaliate with canceling out your wednesday plan, thats womanlike to put it in the best way. :) I hope you're in high school because that behavior sounds a lil scary to me ;)

4. johan

johan Active Member

I think you should back off a bit and let her come to you.
    You've made your interest known to her -- it's obvious -- be interested, but don't be all over someone.

She knows you want to hang out with her. If she wants that too....she will.

Now lest someone reply and misinterpret, I'm not saying to be cold or give her the brush-off. Your intentions are known, now just be cool and have a knowing smile on your face.

If she wants what you're offering, she'll come round. If not...you have your answer.

OH and PS. about the painting...save it for later.

Don't give it to her as a huge birthday gift, don't get your panties in a twist cause she's not all over you. That's a good way to turn a woman off of you.

Later on, once you ACTUALLY start dating, then casually give her the painting. Right now, it's a little bit premature. It's just one step short of proudly showing her the telephoto lens spy shots of her.

In your mind, you might think she'll react like "gosh Oh how clever, my my you managed to shoot right thru the curtains too!" But in actuality, her skin will start to crawl and she'll want outta there....fast.

Personally I think she started off being into you, but cooled off because you really glommed onto her. There's a reason she didn't want you at her birthday party. Remember: be cool....

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: you somewhat remind me of a girl. :hs:

:sad2: i'm in that position now, too. you just have to let some shit slide. i wish everyone was upfront and honest, "tell it like it is" people, but unfortunately some aren't. don't think too much into things! well, you're already doing that, so i guess i SHOULD say back off ;) ... in a nice way, tho.

:doh: and don't get your panties in a bind. the two of you have only been conversing for a MONTH. craaaap, what did you have in mind, picking out your new "home." i'm sure everything's okay.

6. johan

johan Active Member

Errr..... thanks tams. ;)

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :doh: noooo, i meant active.... ooops.

you KNOW i have nothing but love for yoo tho :cuddle: ;)