Could someone give me tips on my routine?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mitchj, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

2. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Tip: Pick an existing routine that somebody with some experience/knowledge has built instead of trying to make your own.

3. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

The problem with some of the pre-built routines is i dont know how to do some/most of the exercises, or they refer to equipment the gym i go to doesnt own (mostly dont know how to use).

But cheers for trying to point me in the right direction :hs:

4. Andy.713

Andy.713 Banned

I didn't know some of the excercises I was reading when I started trying to form a routine, but then I went on google and just did a search. Its fairly easy and you'll be glad you did it.

Also try and keep track of what you eat in your log, and sign up for fitday if you already haven't. It makes it very easy to keep track of what you eat and how many cals, carbs, proteins, and fats you have taken in for each day.

Also if you don't know how to use a specific machine don't be afraid to ask one of the gym employees to help you out.

5. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

have you tried noquarter's routine?

6. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

No, im yet to try his routine, iv seen the topic plenty of times, but i dont think im experienced enough yet to be doing some of his exercises, do you follow it completely?

Thanks andy, iv been using it for some time, im trying to consume 3500-4000C. *The link to my site for it is in my log*.

7. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Learn the exercises. It's the only way to make progress. Take a week and devote them to learning key exercises and technique.

8. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

all of the exercises are really simple. im using it and im a beginner. i dont follow it exactly, but i follow 90% of it.

9. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Oh ok, some of them i dont think im up to yet, ie pullups.

Is my current routine so shit its beyond repair? :o

10. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

From personal experience, you aren't going to be able to put together a decent routine if you don't even know what half the exercises are in the pre-built routines. You're going to end up spinning your wheels and giving up because you aren't really seeing results.

If you can't do a pullup, go to an assisted pullup machine (if you have one available) or try to do pulldowns or a similar motion. Adapt the routine to fit your needs, but don't halfass anything becuase you're trying to cut corners.

11. wtf

wtf New Member

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

I'm not trying to 'cut corners' per say. The person in the gym who designed this routine for me, done the complete day 1, but only 1/2 of 2-3. They didnt give me enough excersises to meet my needs (i finished too quickly), so i supplemented in some of the other stuff into my workout.

I posted it up more or less, to see if it would be possible to keep some of the structure im use to, yet get rid of some repetition, for new exercises. To you think its limiting my progress due to so much overlap, in the muscle groups?

Iv been checking out the exercises on exrx.net for some time now, there very good, i wish they would go further to recomend which of the sub-routines to do (ie out of 'biceps', which one of the options).

13. wtf

wtf New Member

bold is preferred to regular text which is preferred over italicized

i personally do db curls, because it works out the supinators

14. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

why cant you do them?

15. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

So i'v been doing some reasearch (thanks everyone for telling me to get serious, it seems like my routine would suit someone best trying to tone, not bulk).

How does everyone like this routine? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

Yes there is some exercises in it i don't currently know, but it wouldn't be long to get the gist of them.

16. Canuckistan

Canuckistan New Member

It's all been said alreadly pretty much but im on Purs routine and anyhting i didn't know i looked up on google(images), found gifs that showed u how to do them. pretty simple. even on youtube u can type in a exercise and you'll prolly find it.

and yeah, if you can't do a pullup just use the pullup assister and work up from there until you no longer need it and can do a few sets of x amount.

and as always...just ask. if you're too chicken shit, just watch then, and make sure you watch a couple guys to see if they do it all the same, but googles still your best friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.