TAT Could someone give a questamate on the price for this tattoo?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Grouch, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I've loved this wood carving ever since I saw it a few years ago and would also love to get a 1/2 sleve done. About 14x7 inches or so in size.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

im not a fan of text tattoos but whatever floats your boat.

3. Grouch

Grouch Guest

awe nigga. owned

4. joy division

joy division New Member

is that durer? someone else, fuck im retardedz.

forgot what the name of it was...only been a year since graduating and I'm already forgetting everything...You will have to go fairly large to keep the detail grouch, Like...very large....large = $$$...but 14x7, a good artist could simplify most of it just keeping the serious details in; I would guess a half sleeve to be between $800-2000 leaning towards the latter (if you are going to a great artist, which you should be!)

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

yeah Albrecht Durer is my homie.

yeah I figured it would be in the +1000 range. I'd love to get this one. Knight, Death and the Devil on one sleve then his Four Horsemen on the other one. There is a lot more detail in Knight though. I dont know if it is something that could be done in stages. Like outline then partial shadings.

However it is originally a wood etching. I would imagin it would consist of very fine lines more so than actual shading. Now obviusly things dont cary over into a printing then a picture then a tattoo though.

[​IMG]

6. joy division

joy division New Member

oddly enough I wanted to get the 4 horsemen as well the first time I saw it :)

A good artist can do anything...alot of people are starting to not even use outlines but doing tattoos as an advanced form (IMO) which is more akin to painting...

7. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

with the detail of that first one your probably looking closer to $3000 and lots of seat time

8. joy division

joy division New Member

14x7..there is only so much you can do.

If he wants a complete reproduction of that he should put it on his back. huge...