could someone answer this question...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ricearonie, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Ricearonie

Ricearonie RAWRRRRRRR!!!

i'm want to take the msf course in a year or so and actually start riding so i'm gathering information. But the main question i had was are there any physical limits to riding a bike? what i mean is i'm a pretty small/light guy (125-130 lbs 5'7") so would this limit me to not being able to ride a bike or just certain bikes? (ie. an old 600f4i)

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bikes can be lowered and what not although I recomend trying to avoid that, alot of the newer bikes are getting smaller and smaller I dont think you will have to much of a problem, have a few friends about your height who ride. Just have to becarefull where you stop try to avoid inclines or anything thats going to leave you at a wierd angle. Goto a dealer and sit on a few bikes see which ones you can flatfoot or come close to flatfooting.

3. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Once you get used to riding a bike, it really doesn't matter how tall you are. I am a tad shorter than you in stature, and I have no problems riding bikes with high seat heights. Also being light has the advantage of having less weight load on the bike which is good for the twisites.

4. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Dude. Your size shouldn't be a concern. I know of quite a few girls who ride who are smaller/lighter than you. If you are concerned about not touching the ground, there are a couple of things that you can do:

1. Lower the bike (wouldn't recommend this on some bikes)
    2. Scoop out the seat

But because of your size, I question your decision to get a F4i as your first bike...

5. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

eat more and hit the weights if youd like to gain size

i think an "old" f4i isnt the best idea for a beginner bike..start out on an f2 or f3 if you want a 600

6. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

For a short new rider just avoid dual sport bikes (like the v-strom from suzuki). Hell, I'd say there is more of a problem of bikes being too small for most average height riders.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Kawi EX250/500
    Suzuki GS500

Find the largest multi-brand bike dealer in your area and go sit on some bikes to see what feels comfortable.

8. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

a kid I know is about your size and he rides a 03 R1. he doesn't have a problem coming to a stop, I think is all about getting used to it...

9. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

:werd:

once y ou get comfortable on a bike as long as you can touch the ground you'll be fine. I'm 5'8 and have never had a problem with any bike I have been on