could she be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sirian, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirian

Sirian New Member

I know this question is reposted 1000 times, but I am just asking if it is even possible in this case:

My gf and I were having sex last night, using a condom, and when I pulled out i noticed the condom had broken (Trojan Ultra Thin). This was the first time this has ever happened to either of us, so we were freaking out.

The question is: she started her period last Thursday (8/30) and it ended on Monday (9/3). She said her periods are pretty regular, always right around the first of the month and always last about 5 days. My question is, even though the condom had spermicide in it, we realize there could be a chance that live sperm got inside of her. Is it biologically possible to get pregnant or will the sperm be dead by the next time she starts to ovulate/get fertile?

If this is a repost I apologize, but I just want to make sure we are ok. I think we will be alright, but I figured it never hurts to ask.

Would you recommend a morning-after pill? How expensive are they?

Thanks for the help!

2. kiri

kiri New Member

yes, it's always possible. seems unlikely in this particular case, but if you're worred, tell her to take the morning after pill :dunno: can't hurt.

3. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Yeah, you're definitely in a window of time where getting a morning after pill would be a good idea.

It's available over the counter at any pharmacy as "Plan B" and is $10-$45 according to PP.

GO

4. Sirian

Sirian New Member

How soon after starting one period does a woman usually begin ovulating next? I thought it was like 2 weeks after her period starts, then the next egg begins the ovulation process? And then, a few days after the ovulation process begins, if that is even a term, is when the woman is the most likely to become pregnant?

Is the pill sold at like Walgreens and regular pharmacies or do we have to go somewhere special?

5. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Around 2 weeks for a 28 day cycle. You're edging yourself uncomfortably close, given the potential survivability of your semen, to when she'll be fertile. This is not a time where you want to try and save a few bucks or a trip to the pharmacy just convincing yourself that you're "safe."

Don't be an idiot. :nono:

Any pharmacy that doesn't have a crazed, religious pharmacist who won't hand out BC will have plan B.

6. kiri

kiri New Member

they have it at most pharmacies but it's cheaper at planned parenthood

7. Sirian

Sirian New Member

Are there side effects of the pill? I figure there must be some sort of hormonal side effects that would come along with taking the pill.

Where would you find planned parenthood? There is a Walgreens right up the street from my apartment, would it be worth it to find a planned parenthood in our area?

My gf and I are both in our 20s and have always practiced safe sex, so don't think we are just immature high schoolers who thought that we could never get pregnant. We are very aware of the risks and the consequences that could come along with a pregnancy while we are both still in school, and its something we want to avoid for right now. Seeing a broken condom is a very scary thing, and I hope you all don't have to experience it!

8. kiri

kiri New Member

i am 21, my bf is 23, and we've had a couple scary experiences :hs: (once i took plan B, another time i ended up taking a pregnancy test, it was terrifying). so i know what you're going through.

it depends if you want to pay for it or not... go to planned parenthood's website and i'm pretty sure you can find one in your area. you can also call both places and see if they have it/how much it costs.

some women have side effects, some don't. i've taken plan B twice: the first time i had absolutely no side effects. the second time, i had no side effects with the first pill, but after taking the second pill i was nauseous and tired and had to lay on the couch for most of the night. some women end up puking all day... it just depends on her body.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

:rofl: of course. but side effects of plan b <<<<< side effects of kids.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/centerDetails.asp?id=657
    or your school health center should have it (particularly if they have their own pharm).

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yes, she could get pregnant.

11. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Get plan B!!! Usual ovulation is like 2 weeks after a girls period, but sperm can live in the body for several days and going by a calender method is very unreliable!!!

12. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Oh and I've taken Plan B several times with no side-effects. It was usually $45-55 at the pharmacy, but if either of you are students go to the health center, because at mine it was only $6 until they raised it to $12. Also, the pharm will probably tell your GF this, but it can screw up her cycle and make her early or late so don't panic. I like to have a 3-pack of pregnancy tests on hand just because I'm totally paranoid. Also, I heard the tests at the dollar store are good and they use them at a lot of clinics.

Good luck!

13. IWLSR5

IWLSR5 Member

Agreed. The dollar store pregnancy tests are suprisingly accurate. Last month when we got pregnant we used 2 name brand tests. Just to make sure we also got one from the dollar store. It worked just as good as the name brands.

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:eek3: I paid like, fourty bucks a few years ago at PP

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

There is nothing we can say or do to influence the outcome of a pregnancy test, all you can do is learn from this experience...and take a test when the time is right. (and read the sticky as well)

Closing as a repost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.