Corrupted File Recovery..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kcarlson78, Mar 24, 2003.

1. kcarlson78

kcarlson78 Meanwhile, Jesus continued to shake his head in ex

Ok.. so I went down to Washington DC this weekend.. never been before so of course I took a ton of pictures everywhere with the digicam. Saturday night we're out to dinner and taking pictures etc... when I look at the camera after taking a picture and it's only showing me 14 of the 60+ pictures I have on there. I immediately stop using the camera from then on.

So I get home, plug in the camera and it only copies the 14 pictures that I can see in the camera. Then I removed the Compact Flash card and put it in a card reader to try and explore around. Windows won't even let me view the folder where pictures are stored. Windows pops up a warning that the directory is corrupt and can not be displayed. Same thing happens when trying to access the directory from the command prompt.

I did some searching last night, and there's a ton of different software/methods to try and rescue the pictures from the CF card. Any opinions/advice are more than welcome. I don't wanna lose all those pictures..

2. kcarlson78

kcarlson78 Meanwhile, Jesus continued to shake his head in ex

ugh.. what a PITA..

ended up going into the disk with a hex editor and separating each picture file individually.. :ugh:

the majority of pics were save tho.. :bigthumb:

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

that sucks about having to hex the pics. but atleast they are safe :)

i would try and get a new card, that one may of died.