Corrupt Profile Recovery on 360.

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Freeze Time, May 20, 2009.

1. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

Has anyone been able to successfully recover a corrupt profile on a console NOT using the recover gamertag wizard?

My live ID is expired and I am unable to recover my GT on my console after using it on a friends console while its saved on a memory card. The console froze and now the GT works fine on that console, but will not work on any other. Tried it on 3 other 360's and have tried everything that the dashboard lets you do to move it/copy it to other memory sources and to clear the cache, etc.

I would trade consoles, but his is a ticking time bomb of RROD and it commonly slows down and wont read some games, especially when going online to play.

Any tricks or tips I should try?

MS has offered me 1 year of free xbox on a new account, but I just paid for a year in March, and have had the same GT for almost 6 years... I called back to ask for a refund for the sub I just purchased or for an extra year, but of course they werent helpful.

2. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

No luck on solving that one myself. Never encountered it, but a guy I know from the UK couldn't figure it out either. :dunno:

3. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

Its just such a weird technical issue. I can sign in and play fine on one 360, but at home it just says "corrupt profile" and of course I cant use the recovery wizard. MS seems certain they cant just update my account info with the correct Live ID.

Seems too simple of an issue to not be fixable.