A&P Corrupt image recovery

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by parker, Aug 13, 2005.

1. parker

parker Guest

I am trying to salvage some of my digital images that seem to be corrupt. I have been travelling for two months and have been storing all my images on my Medion mp3 player. Now that I have had a chance to put them all back on my computer, it seems that about 10% of the pictures have become corrupt.
    Basically there is a large blank grey area covering some part of the photos in question (it ranges from covering hardly anything to blocking out the entire picture).
    The thing is, I can view the images perfectly on both my digital camera and in the windows folder using thumbnails view. When I go to open the file with the default windows image viewer, I get an error. Using ACDSee I can view the images, but some of the photo is grey. ACDSee also shows the grey area in the thumbnails.

See the picture below for a better idea of what Im talking about.

I am hoping that because my camera and windows can view the images (at least windows can view them as thumbnails) that the entire images must exist... but I am hardly an expert on the matter.

Does anyone know of any solution to this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I tried using ImageRecall (as I had used the program to salvage some photos from my second memory card that was itself corrupt and unformatted) but it simply recovered the same photos, i.e. 10% or so still had the grey areas.