Corrupt Disk...A:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by monkeybutt, Apr 7, 2003.

1. monkeybutt

monkeybutt NOT full of shit...

My gf had a paper written on a floppy and saved it...a good copy...on her computer in the office. When she got home and tried to open it, the A: stalled and stalled and never opened...I tried to open it on a laptop...and did so with some degree of success. However, the file appears corrupt.

Does anyone know of anyway to pull something of a floppy disk that refuses to come off through normal means? Is there a command I can use, etc... THANK YOU!!! My gf would really appreciate any help you could give. :)

2. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Never, NEVER put important things on floppies.

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

You could always try copying it onto your hard drive with dos and then opening it from there. But like he said, could be a problem with the floppy, they kinda suck :o

4. monkeybutt

monkeybutt NOT full of shit...

yeah. it seems like its a read error...although we recovered other files from the same disk. obviously, the file itself is corrupt. she usually saves things to the hard drive as well, but she was in a hurry....also, the autosave / backup function on the word she was using was turned off, so no luck there.

penguin. i tired doing that, too and no luck. it just kept reading the a drive over and over again.

she's gonna take it in to the network guys at school and see what they can do. thanks!!

5. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse Guest

They won't be able to do anything. If you are using a floppy with important documents, you should save it on two disks. Just for this case.

If it is recovered I would like to know how.