correct form for an arnold press?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ManinCamo, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

I'm a relative noob to serious lifting.

short bio - 5'11" on a good day. Former fatty who went from 240 of fat to 180 - . relatively lean, but anemic looking. Started lifting, got addicted. I'm back up about 195-200 from added muscle. For the past 18 monthes or so I've been seriously lifting and IMO made some great gains.

I was sitting there doing my shoulder workout tonight and I realized that I'd only been shown the arnold press by one buddy, one time and I don't see too many other people at the gym doing it (university rec center) - and there's only half a dozen people out of the dozens I see that I would ever take advice from. :ugh:

Anyone have pics or explain proper technique on this? I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. :hsd:

2. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

3. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Welp, thats what I'm doing. I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks

4. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

i do arnie presses about 3x a week...i keep the db's facing forward through the curl and turn them to press up through the shoulder movement. i keep the db facing fwd all the way down in the curl movement too.

edit: unlike the animation there, i bring the db down to a hanging position at my sides, just like doing a regular bicep curl...then curl up and press overhead.

hope this helps. :dunno:

5. SteveO

SteveO Guest

why? it's supposed to be a shoulder workout, why incorporate biceps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.