Correct connector for 12V power?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Apr 6, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I'm building a sub box for my car, and I'm putting the amp in the box because I like it that way. Obviously I'll need to get power into the box to make this happen, and while I could do it any old way I'd like to do it "right". What is the correct plug/outlet combination to use for 12V DC power?

(it'll be 16 amps RMS @ 12V, if that matters)

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

don't put the amp in the box. seriously. you have any idea what kind of PITA it will be to tune the amp?

3. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

agreed. If you don't like the look of the amp (and that's your reasoning), then build a separate chamber in your box with an easy access opening to get to the amp (a few screws or even hinges might work well here). This will keep the clean look but will also keep the box user friendly. Just my two penny's!

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I was going to tune it with the amp outside the box, then mount it inside the box.

So what connectors should I use to supply power into the box if I'm going to take that approach?

5. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

You're also neglecting the heat generation from the amp and sub. Putting the amp in the box is just a plain bad idea.