core duo macs on sale at compusa

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Immortal1, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

CompUSA just put a significant slash on their core duo (note: these are not core2duo, but still significantly fast) processor apples. youll have to goto the store locator find the store, and click the 'store inventory blowout' link. under computers and notebooks youll find, if your store has available:

core solo mac mini - $349 (MSRP $599)
    core duo mac mini - $499 (MSRP $799)
    17" iMac - $799
    20" iMac - $999
    Macbooks from 799-999 depending on white/black and configuration (DVDRW, etc)
    macbook pros from 1199 to 1999, with MSRP's from 1599 to 2499

if the inventory shows 1, forgetaboutit. if it shows two youll be lucky to find 1 new 1 display (or previous display)

ymmv, but you might be able to get additional discounts if you buy display models or buy applecare (for instance i got apple care for $75, 149 retail on a mini, they just take the discount off the computer)

some stores still have g4 ibooks, for a measly $549, but just not quite as hot as the intel stuff.
    and as always YMMV and dont call, because employees dont know.

-snatched from fatwallet

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

Dang I do see some good deals. I'm not in the market for any of their offerings though.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. neonwheels

neonwheels New Member

No Black MacBooks within 162 miles of me. :wtc:

4. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

good tip, gracias.

I might go pick up a Mini

5. ChowYunSkinny

ChowYunSkinny You no help me now...I say **** you Jobu. I do it

I don't know about the Mini, but the Core Duo MacBook Pro gets HOT as hell. If you're in the market for one of those, definitely get the Core 2 Duo version as I've heard they run much cooler.

6. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

so is it true you can buy the 1.66 mini on the cheap and put in a c2d by yourself? that seems like the way to go if possible

7. xxsjuxx

xxsjuxx New Member

nothing good locally for me, but awesome tip

8. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

I went to CompUSA to buy a core solo mini, and the store manager tried telling me and the other guy that wanted one that he couldn't sell it for $349, and would only sell them for $459.99 because it was an $800 machine and they had to sell the last ones in stock before they could sell them for less than $459.

Fucking CompUSA sucks so much ass it isn't even funny.

9. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i had the same issue kind, except the store i went to was selling fuckin demo core duo mini's as manager's specials for like 650. they were portraying this as a deal :rofl:

these things were beat to shit and i eventually found out were already activated under warranty, so fuck that.

but anyways, i had the salesperson over, brough them to the fuckin website and his jaw dropped. he asked his manager and he goes "sorry, corporate doesn't tell us about these price drops, you can have it for $499"

i walked out regardless because of the warranty but thats it. show them the site and be like dude, its advertised right fuckin here. hell, call the corporate number from their store