Cordless things

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Penguin Man, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

So one of the guys where I work has a Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse, and I actually kinda like using it, so I'm thinking of doing cordless at home too (just for fun). However, I don't really feel like buying a whole new mouse/keyboard set, since I've got a perfectly good mouse/keyboard (and I like my 3-button mouse). Is it possible to get some sort of transmitter/reciever thingy that I could plug a PS2 mouse and keyboard into the transmitter part and the reciever part into the PS2 ports on my computer?

Just a thought, not sure if such a thing exists :wiggle:

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

If you find something, let me know! I've got an inline barcode gun that I would like to make more mobile and I think this would be a great solution if the price is reasonable...

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Makes no sense. You'd have a reciever box with two wires running to the computer and you'd have a transmitter box connected to your mouse and keyboard by wires. Kinda defeats the purpose of a wireless mouse and keyboard which is to reduce desktop clutter and give you a little more freedom for moving your mouse and keyboard around.

4. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My desktop looks like this:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I'm not worried about clutter or moving my things around, since I have a keyboard tray. What I don't like is having my cords dangling underneath my desk, I'm always afraid I'm going to rip them out with my feet or something.

I haven't really found anything though, I guess there isn't enough demand :dunno: Oh well, when I get my new computer I'll be running it all through a KVM switch anyway, so I guess that'll get the cords out of the way.

5. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

get hooks for under your desk so the wires don't hang down?

6. MP

MP New Member

get the logitech duo. The mouse is really nice and the keyboard is VERY nice. It's kinda expensive ($80ish for both total) but it was WELL worth it. I absolutly love these things!!!!11