Copying individual songs to iPod?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DjShiznit, Mar 23, 2007.

1. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

OK, so I've had a 60GB iPod video for a couple years now. I didn't own a Mac when I purchased it, so I transfered my entire iTunes library from my PC to the iPod. Since then, I've been re-arranging the tracks on the PC, tagging, etc. A good portion of the songs on the playlists don't play anymore because they've been moved / renamed. Here's my question. Is there any way I can transfer some of my new music to my iPod, w/o worrying about iTunes re-syncing it and fucking things up? Again, I'm overhauling my library on my PC, and don't want it to try to re-sync playlists and songs. I just want to add a few songs to my iPod. Any suggestions?

Edit: also, if I can do this, would I have to do it on the desktop PC that I originally used to load the iPod, or would using my MBP be an option?

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

funny thing happened this past christmas when my sister got an 80gb ipod.

i brought over my macbook and started loading up the ipod with songs from my macbook.

i give it to my sister and start to show her how to use itunes on her winxp laptop. when i plug it in, it tells me that it needs to be reformatted to be used with her laptop

so, i reformatted the ipod on her winxp laptop and loaded up some songs from her library onto it. i plugged it into my macbook and it worked fine

windows didn't like the macbook's format, but my macbook could handle winxp's format + it's own apple format. kinda weird huh?

3. Lord~Jerningham

Lord~Jerningham New Member

I noticed the same thing when I reformatted the ex's ipod after it stopped working. She formatted it for windows again, but I was able to load music onto it from both OSX and XP on my laptop. Wouldn't work in reverse, though. :hsughno:

4. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

Well obviously my iPod is PC formatted, but my MBP reads it just fine :hs: I just don't completely understand how apple / itunes manages what you can / can't do regarding putting music on the damn thing. I don't want to fuck it up :o I've used Senuti to copy from the iPod to my MBP. I just need to go the other way now :o