Copying DVDs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FLY-FAST, Oct 14, 2003.

1. FLY-FAST

FLY-FAST OT Supporter

Does anyone have or know of any software that is relatively user friendly, that will allow me to copy a dvd(say a movie) to ONE dvd and retain the quality?

2. Svt1612

Svt1612 New Member

3. Zeosync

Zeosync Incubus ROCKS

do you have to compress the video to get all the features and everything on them since they use a 9 gig disk for most movies

4. barto

barto you and your...third dimension

i use dvd x copy. it can copy copyrighted material (for personal backup use of course) and it gets all the extra features although it did cost $120

5. Gilbutt

Gilbutt Last visit: 09-22-2006

DVD X COPY is good.......... Insert Data Dvd.... Select Wide or standard.. Select Language.... Copy down to hdd.... insert blank.... hit start.... Presto...

(only video data though, no menu)

Still all good.

6. Flintstone

Flintstone Guest

DVD Shrink 3.0 (Beta) is the BOMB

It is freeware, and lets you selectively choose to retain the extra features on the DVD.

I usually manipulate the language tracks and extras to keep the compression at around 85% (15% compression).

I have viewed copied DVDs at 70% compression on my 63" HDTV with no noticeable loss in quality!

Why pay $$ for inferior software :rant2: :rant2:

F

7. jrmy

jrmy Guest

umm... there is a nice program out there called Alcohol 120% its on kazaa if you dont want to pay for it(not condoning
    "stealing" software, just not-not condoning it!!) its really great stuff = very powerfull and fast.not too user friendly but not bad either!

8. quief man

quief man Guest

dvd xcopy by far the best 4 disk2disk copying

9. curtis_rak

curtis_rak Guest

Will both programs do all D2D steps in one motion? (rip, compress, burn) or do I still use a seperate burning software? (ie. Nero)

(I am a newbie at this, but getting my first DVD burner this week)

10. wax

wax Guest

dvd x copy xpress will do that with one click of the button. But it throws a warning at the begining of the dvd saying that "this is a backup copy a the original dvd, blah blah" So now i use CloneDVD and anydvd. CloneDVD is awsome!! Best program out there. But you have to have that program called anydvd to unlock the encyrption on the dvd so clonedvd will copy it :) With clone dvd you can choose it you want the entire dvd copied or you can take out features that you dont want/need. It takes about 45 minutes from start to finish when i backup a dvd using clonedvd and dvdxcopy xpress.

11. wax

wax Guest

What discs does your burner take? DVD-R or DVD+R ? Try backing up another movie and see if it works. I have Nemo @home. Ill try to back it up with clonedvd and post the results.

12. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

13. StarBai

StarBai Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can suck my left f'ing nut. OT Supporter

hmm; so how much $$ will this take to be able to back up my DVD's? ....That is to buy the software Legally? (not including the cost of a decent burner)

14. quasar

quasar New Member

Umpa- Just a guess, maybe you're making SVCDs instead of DVDs so you need a player that will play that format.

15. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Active Member

www.newegg.com

you can find some really sweet deals on their. And almost everything you find, is free shipping!! :cool: x 100

I just ordered the Lite-On Black DVD-Dual Drive, Model LDW-811S, OEM, $130 :o

16. Manu

Manu Guest

I got a nice 8X liteon DVD +/- RW from newegg for 140.

A spindle of GOOD discs that burn at 8X is about 2 bucks a disc. I got a spindle of 1 buck a disc memorexs but those stop at 4X.

It takes 35-45 minutes to rip the DVD, and then 8-15 minutes to burn (8 versus 4 X)