GUN Cops seize Army vet's weapons arsenal

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 4, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cops seize Army vet's weapons arsenal

BY ALISON GENDAR, KERRY BURKE and MICHAEL WHITE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Friday, January 4th 2008, 4:00 AM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NYPD organized crime investigation unit cops tell media about huge cache of weapons and ammunition seized from unstable Army vet Suwei Chuang, 36, on a tip Wednesday.

Cops seized a stunning array of weapons and 28,000 rounds of ammunition from the Queens apartment of an unstable Army vet after a girlfriend reported him to authorities, police said Thursday.

Suwei Chuang, 36, who had once failed a psychological screening administered by the NYPD, was nabbed Wednesday night in Manhattan after officers investigating the tip found an assault rifle in his SUV, cops and sources said. A subsequent search of his posh new Flushing apartment revealed the cache of guns.

Cops found a submachine gun, a 12-gauge shotgun, a 9-mm. Glock pistol, a .50-caliber rifle and a .22-caliber rifle scattered about his 40th Road flat, police said. The AR-15 assault rifle seized from his Toyota FJ Cruiser was fitted with a scope and fully loaded, officials said. Police also seized 800 rounds of ammo from the vehicle.

Chuang was turned in by a woman who had approached prosecutors about a menacing incident involving him, police sources said. Cops tracked him to lower Manhattan, where he parked about 8:45 p.m. near Gold and Spruce Sts. The assault rifle was in plain sight, cops said.

Chuang is a nephew of Queens activist and respected businessman Timothy Chuang, a family friend said from one of the entrepreneur's Flushing drugstores.

Timothy Chuang did not return calls seeking comment. The nephew is facing a slew of weapons charges.

He had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit arson about 10 years ago and served some six months in lockup, a source said, adding the court took into account Chuang's psychological difficulties.

He had been examined by an NYPD psychologist before the arson. It was unclear why he was screened, but the psychologist found that Chuang had "poor stress tolerance, poor judgment, poor impulse control and immaturity," the source said. Chuang is a naturalized citizen from Taiwan who served in the U.S. Army, police said.

[email protected]
    video :ugh:
    http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

2. Lightsped

Lightsped Glockaholic

While I do see some fairly nice guns (Glocks, PS90, Mossberg, etc...) I don't see any "submachine guns".... Oh, check out the Crossman .177 pellet pistol. I have one just like that somewhere....

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think they're calling the ps90 a smg.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

and he had combat knives my god what do you need a combat knife for? :noes:

5. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

I love when the cop points out that because he has a scope on his AR it is now a "particularly" dangerous weapon.

6. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

OJing a bitch :noes:

7. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Scope = Aimbot

And that's cheating. :hsugh:

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I'd day he had a decent collection, and that's about it.

404 submachine gun not found.

9. Buzz Killington

How many of those 28,000 rounds do you think are boxes of .22?

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alot, some of the other pics i saw he only had 2 boxes of ammo for the ps90.

11. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

I like how the officers are stading in the background like they are badasses because they siezed some weapons.

12. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I just bought that same 'Book of the AR-15: America's Rifle'. Good magazine.

13. reman

reman New Member

I see the .50 cal muzzleloader. :lol:

14. Buzz Killington

OK, new game. Describe your gun collection as if it was being reported in a newspaper story:

"Prince William County police reported today that they had seized a huge cache of firearms and ammunition from a Manassas man. The firearms include a semiautomatic assault weapon rifle with a grenade launcher, numerous military rifles, a high-power rifle with a scope, a shotgun, bayonets, swords, pistols, and military ammunition."

15. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol i saw this in the des moines reg; knew you guys had the details.

404 crime not found

is it just that guns are banned in NYC? or what law did he break?

16. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

I see several boxes of Rem Thunderbolts and RGB...some American Eagle something...

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Huge arsenal seized on Long Island

Nassau County police seized dozens of weapons today from the home of a Syosset man, police say a dozen assault rifles, machine gun kits, several military grade sniper rifles including one with a night vision scope and armor piercing ammunition, 4 hand grenades, bomb making material, over 40 thousand rounds of ammunition including armor piercing and tracer rounds and 200 high capacity bullet clips were seized. Files on the man's computer show he was a member of several right wing message boards. "We don't know what this persons intentions were but we're sure they weren't good, he had enough weapons and ammo to take over a small country" said police spokesman Richard Head. Nieghbor Lisa McCunt said "I can't believe someone would have all that stuff, this NY not Baghdad. My children play in this nieghborhood I don't feel safe anymore"

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He had a prior conspiracy charge, not sure if thats a felony. most Semi auto rifles and high cap mags are banned in NYC.

19. WooleyBooger

Video says there were over 20,000 rounds of "Armor Piercing Bullets"...since when does .22lr pierce armor?

"And might i also point out that the AR-15 had a very effective scope mounted on it...which makes it particularly dangerous."

So an AR and 18 loaded mags near Wall Street must mean he's planning to mow down a bunch of investors, right? There doesn't happen to be a gun range in that area does there? Hmmm

20. WooleyBooger

"A Texas man was apprehended today...when officials raided his home they found numerous weapons whose only intent could be for heinous crimes. Among the weapons seized, were a couple Smith & Wesson revolvers...

{insert Dirty Harry clip - "The most powerful handgun in the world...could blow a man's head clean off..."}

...a Ruger pistol outfitted with a state of the art Red Dot targeting system, a few thousand rounds of armor piercing bullets, a rifle outfitted with a sniper-esqe 18 power scope, a shotgun, and several combat steak knives. Also found were multiple Mag Light flashlights used primarily for hand to hand style blunt combat, and several computers...desktop AND laptop...which were probably used in infiltrating NSA database systems.

Official's were reported as saying "it felt like we were stepping into the Uni Bomber's house all over again!"

21. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

haha nice

22. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I just can't bring myself to do one of those write-ups because even in the yuppie enclaves of TX, firearms are still sort of normal. Worst that you're likely to get are some strange looks from your neighbors loading up on a trip to the range, likely wondering why you'd spend money on guns instead of a 60" plasma screen, luxury crossover SUV, or discrete additions to the sexanasium.

23. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

Oregon State Police recently returned from a raid on a man's home where a large firearm and ammunition stash was allegedly supposed to be found. They returned empty handed siting all the man's firearms were lost in rare boating accident.

24. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Fucking win :bowrofl:

25. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Do any of you law abiding weapons owners think this could have possibly been a good thing? After all, the guy had prior convictions and was found mentally unstable. Both things that would make him having all those weapons illegal.

While again the media tries to scare people with the language in the report, I'm thinking it was not a bad thing they caught this guy when they did.