GUN Cops respond to robbery report blast home owners dog

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 2, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[​IMG]
    Dec 1, 2006 8:22 pm US/Pacific

Fatal Shooting Of Rottweiler Under Investigation
    (CBS) LOS ANGELES Officials are investigating the fatal shooting of a Rottweiler who charged past three Los Angeles Police officers investigating the report of a burglary at a Pacoima home.

A neighbor reported just after 1 p.m. Monday that there was a "burglar there now" at the home in the 8700 block of Roslyndale Avenue, Los Angeles police Lt. Paul Vernon said.

A large Rottweiler charged past two of the officers who were walking into the yard through the garage in the back of the property as a third officer came in through a gate from the front, Vernon said.

Officers John Healy, 35, and his partner Jeremy Martin, 24, fired at the dog, who retreated along the side of the house. The dog then charged the third officer, Thomas Conrad, 37, who also fired.

The dog died from its wounds. Healy and Martin had minor injuries, possibly from fragments of the rounds that were fired.

No evidence of burglary was found at the home.

The killing is being examined by the department's Force Investigation Division, Vernon said.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

One of my professors is a local leo, he was telling us about an alarm call he got to a residence. He got there and the garage was opened so he walks in to find a dog there. The dog starts growling, guy takes a step back, dog doesn't move, so he said he wacked it with his baton and knocked it out. Went back to the car and called animal control. As it turned out no one was home.

After the story I was just :ugh:

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

stay out of someone elses yard, stupid fucking pigs. how hard is this? i dont even want to hear "they were just doing their job" what burglar is going to carry a fucking rot on a job with them?

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You know the homeowners dog could bite cops too.

5. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

All the person had to do was warn the cops about the dog in the 911 call and they would have been prepared for it.

6. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Ya next time they go to a call where someones life could be endanger they should just let a dog attack them while they secure the scene while getting shot at the possible intruder :ugh2: Some of you people are fucking idiots.

7. skeletor25rs

They could have used mace or a tazer.

8. Anders 7

On a burglary call cops have their guns drawn. When a dog is running at you and is going to attack you don't have time to holster your weapon and choose a less than lethal device on a dog that may or may not miss or not work. The cops were defending themseleves.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  9. skeletor25rs

I don't like Rottweilers, so this doesn't really bother me. Except that we have had two police chases involving illegal aliens end on our property in the last year and my dogs have free roam of the entire 112 acres. I'd be pretty angry if, while chasing mexicans all over the place, they pissed my dogs off and shot them.

Lab, Golden Retriever, and skinny little mutt, but they're protective of us and the place.

10. Anders 7

It is sad the dog died and I feel for the owner but at the same time you cant blame someone for not wanting to get mauled/attacked by a dog. :dunno: shitty situation.

11. s0ber

s0ber New Member

:rofl:

12. skeletor25rs

I know it's funy, but it's true:noes:

13. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

this reminds me of the reno 911 episode were they shot the neighboors dog.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rofl: yeah I thought that too, no signs of a burglary nieghbor probably just didnt like the dog.

15. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

A rot is a gaurd dog. If I wasn't home and the cops showed up, there is no doubt in my mind that my rot would try to eat a cop, so I can't really blame them, even if it is sad.