GUN Cops Raid Wrong Place, Kick Man in Groin

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 8, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cops Raid Wrong Place, Kick Man in Groin

Posted: Jun. 7 8:34 p.m.

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Annapolis police raided the wrong apartment Wednesday night, using flash grenades and kicking a resident in the groin before they realized their mistake, police and the family said.

Police spokesman Hal Dalton said something must have gone amiss in the briefing beforehand. "We don't know how the mistake was made," Dalton said.

Silvia Bernal, 30, told The (Annapolis) Capital that about 15 officers burst through the front door of her apartment while she was cooking dinner about 8:20 p.m. She said the officers kicked her husband in the groin while she fled into a bedroom and barred the door with her body.

Then she said both of them were taken to the ground and handcuffed. The Capital said a police officer went outside and realized they had raided the wrong residence.

Dalton said they were supposed to have raided a different apartment and said the incident was regrettable.

Spa Cove apartment manager Latisha Marshall says there is a large dent in the front door. And she said there are two large black stains from the flash-bang grenades police deployed after entering the apartment.

When officers and the city's tactical squad went to the right unit, they said it was empty.

--

So whats that worth? Couple hundred thousand? Couple million?

2. Gobomoe

Gobomoe New Member

Well duh it was empty, they were probably so loud at the first apartment the guy who they were going after knew he was the one they wanted.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

if that was vettefan's residence he would have been waiting with a ghili suit and his saiga just ITCHING to blow the heads off of each cop who entered.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

While I have problems with some of vettefan's suggestions, lets be honest and say this is a real problem. They are criminals who have been known to pretend to be the police during a home invasion in hopes of getting the occupants to be compliant. Lets say you're the average law abiding gun owner. You're not involved with drug, you're not running a gambling scheme, you know the police absolutely have no reason to be entering your home by force. Someone starts to break your door down one night after dinner and is yelling "police!" Do you hope for the best and assuming its bumbling cops who are raiding the wrong house trying to bust someone for a bag of pot or do you worry about that it might not be the police and attempt to defend yourself and your wife? These no knock accidents are way too common and a serious problem.

5. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

couldnt have said it better myself

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

The reason I have a problem with no knocks is that it seems to be a lose-lose situation for the police. If they get the RIGHT place, they get shot by some meth head dealer, if they raid the wrong place, they get shot by someone who thinks they are a gang breaking into his house.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not that I dont feel for cops, but thats the career they chose, what about the poor home owner who was minding his business and ends up in prison cause some dumbass cops can't double check addresses and got shot.

8. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

probably laughing themselves silly as they sped off

realistically what chance do you stand if a fully kitted entry team comes in?

just say I am a bit strange and walk around my house with a saiga tromix on my back and a Glock 21 while I'm posting on OT

half a dozen police rapid response dudes come in with helmets, m4s and mp5s and flashbangs...

what's the correct response here?

light up 2 or 3 of them and die in a hail of 5.56?

or drop everything and hope it gets sorted out when you sue the lot of them for wrongful entry?

unless you have a MG42 pointed at the door you're gonna comply

9. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I agree with Soybomb as well, and also want to add that Vettefan goes a little overboard.

I don't know what I would do, to be honest. I certainly need to give it some hard thought though.

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I'd rather have an M2 pointed at the door. Collateral damage might be an issue though.

EDIT: sarcasm

11. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

man that's nuts

12. BrianFantana

BrianFantana Active Member

Shit, when someone finally has a reason to sue they don't.

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I hate no-knocks with a passion.

And I always have SOME weapon close at hand, so if it does happen to me, it's going to be a hard choice. Defend yourself because you know of no reason for the cops to be there, or comply and hope they really are cops.