GUN Cop suspended for claiming to be a "super trained killer ninja"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 12, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Florida Officer Suspended After Internet Post

Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008
    Updated: April 11th, 2008 12:14 PM EDT

http://www.wftv.com/video/15849724/index.html
    OVIEDO, Fla. --

Only Channel 9 spoke with a police officer who's been suspended from the force because of what he posted on the Internet. The Oviedo Police Department took away the officer's gun and badge when he claimed online to be a "super-trained killer ninja fighter." It's a statement the officer admits was a joke, but the department didn't find it funny.

The controversial statement was found on Officer Justin Varkony's MySpace page. It stated that he was a "supertrained killer ninja fighter of the night who has not had a chance to use this special skill yet."

The man investigating the case is taking it seriously.

"It was brought to the chief of police, yes," said Lt. Dennis Lynch, Oviedo Police Department.

Oviedo police acted swiftly and put Varkony on administrative duty. Eyewitness News found him at his Seminole County apartment on Thursday.

"If I could go back to whenever I wrote that, I would take it off. It was a joke, that's all," Varkony told Eyewitness News.

The Oviedo Police Department said it is a matter of public safety and that if one of its officers truly believes he is a "super trained ninja fighter who has not used his special skills yet," it is a cause of concern.

Making things worse, Eyewitness News uncovered 22 other complaints, including one case where Varkony admitted putting notches on his Taser every time it was used. He received 84 hours of unpaid leave.

Like the "killer ninja" comment, the 28-year-old said it was a lapse in judgment.

"The majority cleared as minor infractions, but I'm not a rogue cop," he said.

Instead, Varkony says he's a cop being targeted after arresting a city council person's family member in 2005.

"The politics get rough. We try to stay away from them, but unfortunately stuff happens," he said.

Varkony has taken down his MySpace page. Oviedo police will decide if he should be taken off the force.

Officer Varkony will have his case heard Tuesday. The Internal Affairs report can take as long as six months. In the meantime, he will remain on administrative duty.

--

:rofl:

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:bowrofl: that's rediculous

the whole tazer notching thing is a little :hsugh: though

3. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Wow no sense of humor there at all. :rofl: :ugh:

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Some fat fuck handed one of my instructors his business card at SHOT this year. No shit, at the very top in big letters it said "Killer Writer".

We laughed and laughed about that one.

5. caucasion

caucasion New Member

the writer comments pretty funny. people dont understand how much trouble myspace actually brings. but what you might thinks a joke, the department usually doesnt. especially at a city.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Yea. At first I thought it was just a stupid comment, but after hearing about the taser I think the cop may have some serious mis-conceptions about what his job is...

We always say that despite being ready to take a life, it's not something we WANT to do.... But some people do want it. He may be one of those.

As for the comment, I see it both ways. It may only have been a joke, but it LOOKS bad... And it does not represent your department well.

7. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Funny but then again he has other stuff in his background :o

8. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

9. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

What is funny about that? :hs: