GUN Cop gets owned by a boxer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 10, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.break.com/index/cop_owned_by_boxer.html

Bet it was pussy ass 9mm gun, should been carrying a .45 or 10mm.

Lessons hopfully learned by the LEO
    Learn how to clear a jam in your sidearm
    Anyone worth shooting once is worth emptying the mag in
    Carry a BUG.

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I thought this thread was about a boxer dog :o

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Goddamn! one shot? You shot him one fucking time and wondered what it would take to stop him?

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree if you have a vagina

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And once he got his gun back he had plenty of time to clear the jam.

6. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

i hate to say this, but i really think this would've been one of the few times i would've been ok with using a taser. i'm normally against them as i think they're overused and their potentialy lethality ignored. would've been a lot better than the pepper spray and, in this case, had more effective take down power than whatever round he shot him with. :dunno:

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The lethality of tasers is overrated the majority of the cases where they kill the suspect they had been smoking rock or doing lines all day before being tased, there was a case a few weeks ago the media made a stink about saw an article about a week ago with the corners report guy had 3x's the lethal ammount of blow in his system, that story didnt get much coverage.

8. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

If you have to take your gun out, empty the fucking magazine. lesson learned...

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Woah. So the guy was unarmed and the cop shot him anyway? Isn't that ... illegal?

10. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

not when the guy is trying to beat the shit out of you

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I dunno... if I'm getting the shit beat out of me, I'm pretty sure I can't pull a gun :dunno:

12. TigreTek

in florida, i can.

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

we have a castle here too, but you still can't use deadly force unless your life is in peril. Getting your ass beat is not life-ending or so they say in the CCW class :dunno:

And especially on the street, where the castle doctrine wouldn't be in effect.

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I thought you were being sarcastic, so I didn't respond.

It's disparity of force. Guy had 100 pounds and 6" on the cop. Outcome would have been similar .. read that, justifiable.. if it were a civilian. Likely though, the civilian would have achieved slidelock, at least, I like to think so.

15. TigreTek

the lethality of tasers still exists. for whatever reason or not they can still contribute to/cause a fatality.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/document.do?id=ENGAMR510302006 cliffs: yes, a lot of them had pre existing conditions or were under the influence, but the taser most certainly aggravated those conditions and their use lead to a fatality.

does the media overhype these things, yes. do i feel that officers still treat tasers lightly? yes. i base this on numerous converstations that i've had with officers that i've either trained with, know as they're PEs relatives or worked with on CERT deployments. (which limits it to miami dade, city of miami, broward county and pembroke pines police officers. :dunno:)

16. TigreTek

different in florida. i think they passed it earlier this year that you can meet force with force outside of home/work.

getting my ass beat is a life threatening position. who knows what will happen if i get knocked out.

17. Gimik

Gimik New Member

ah I didn't get to see the vid, so I didn't know about the disparity. They say that's a problem with female officers too - they almost always are beat by 100lbs and 6'' or so, so it's almost always a deadly force situation.

I still think a civie would have serious legal problems if he pulled a gun in that situation.

18. TigreTek

the situation with the civilian would have to be under different circumstances. i doubt civvies would get into fights at traffic stops.

i think it really boils down to the situation that we stipulate for it. there are some that are legitimate use of force cases (1 on 1, middle of the street) and some that aren't. it really depends on the situation and the combatants involved.

19. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Oh it could happen at any time. You're walking down the street and some huge thug wants your wallet. You say no, or move too slowly or maybe he doesn't even ask and just starts wailing on you. Would you be justified in using deadly force? I would do it anyway, but I'm betting I'd be in serious trouble afterwards.

Even something like 2 or 3 regular sized thugs. No weapons on their side.

20. TigreTek

honestly, how is it NOT justified? if i'm not the aggressor, don't know who they are and didn't instigate it, i can't know their intentions and must assume the worst.

some guy randomly starts hitting you would you really have any other thought/emotion than to fear for your life?

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:dunno: I've been pepper sprayed before, I rather get hit with a taser your back to normal after a few seconds. On the LEO side of it I would rather use a taser then OC, with the spray mother nature can work against you with the wind, if there are a bunch of other officers strugling with the suspect run a greater risk of getting them with the spray too, also have to deal with the aftermath of snot and possibly vomit on you and the back of your vehicle.

22. TigreTek

i don't doubt its superiority to pepper spray in almost all situations, my concern is specifically with this:

"I rather get hit with a taser your back to normal after a few seconds".

that's the same comment i got from every LEO that i spoke to about this. it's the attitude towards the weapon that concerns me. it really seems indifferent of the fact that it IS potentially deadly. (and not in the "well, everything is deadly with the right circumstances" way) the general thought has been "fuck it, we'll just tase them" with no regard to the fact that it might kill someone.

23. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Oh I know I think that way, and YOU might think that way, but we're talking about the legal system here. And then there's also the question on WHEN you can use the (possibly justified) deadly force. AFTER he starts wailing on you? After one punch? 2 punches? Right after he raises his fists?

I know I think about this stuff too much :hs:

24. TigreTek

:dunno: i figure as soon as i get backed in to a position where escape is unlikely/impossible, i'm facing serious phyical harm, i've given them the opportunity to withdraw and they've continued their attack, it's justified.

25. TigreTek

aww fuck it. just tase them.