cooling

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by no0b, Dec 27, 2004.

1. no0b

no0b Guest

does anyone have any cooling methods that can be found at home. i've had a fan infront of it for like 6 months, but too much dust got into the system. so if anyone has any ideas let me know

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

uh, what are you trying to accomplish? Is your system overheating? need more info.

3. no0b

no0b Guest

when im playing games and sometimes just happens randomly. my computer restarts and has this blue screen but ic annot read it. im pretty sure its a temperature problem

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

doesn't sound like a temp thing. more like a memory or video card thing...

install something called "motherboard monitor" and keep track of your temperatures to eliminate that as a problem.

5. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

On a poorly designed case (I had one for $30) a household fan will reduce temps. On a well designed case (I have a new one for $115) even all closed up and with no fan blowing on it it yields lower temps.

If you have problems during games try turning the graphics and sound settings down, way down, and see if the same thing happens.

6. no0b

no0b Guest

ok i was talking to my friend and he helped me. he told me to move my paging file or something. i was playing HL2 fine for 3 hours straight. then CS:S for 1 hour and it did it. these are my High/Low temps with the MBM since i turned my comp on this morning.

[​IMG]

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

your temps are fine. a little too high for my tastes, but 51 is well below max stable temp.