Cooler Master CM 690 case.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by negative zero, Oct 21, 2007.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

2. Dr. Smooth

Dr. Smooth dazed and confused

i got one for my new build a couple months ago. overall, i couldn't be happier. my system runs at just higher than room temp with only stock fans (there is room for like 5 additional 120mms) and my cpu runs at like 40C under load. the fans it comes with are extremely quiet and efficient, IMO they are worth the price of the case on their own. its great looking with minimal bling. construction quality is high.

however, all 40 dollar cases have their flaws. the first, and by far the most annoying is the side panel. its a motherfucker to get on and off; like really, really hard. you almost have to pry it off with a tool b/c there isn't really a place to grip and it dosen't come easily. my second gripe is with the PSU on bottom design. while i feel like lots of cases are moving towards that, and it makes sense, PSU manufacturers are behind. My corair 520hx makes it, but barely. the 4pin CPU power is stretched to the max to reach its spot on the mobo.

thats really it though. for the price, its the best case on the market IMO.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

^^^ about the psu, issue.

You want to add up the total for the case and psu with shipping added.

You might be able to find a better case with decent psu together, for the same price range as you'll pay with that case.

4. Doc Brown

Here's a good example.

I got one of these without the psu in it, and it has by far the best drive cage made. PERIOD. That's better than Cooler Master, Lian li, and I don't care who you throw in there.
    The cage removes via a thumbscrew. Each of 5 drives that it will hold,
    mount via a separate slide in tray. And the drives attach via silicone grommets.
    This one has only a 430 watt psu, so depending on what you may want to put in the build, it may or may not be enough wattage.

But it's only $92.

I paid $120 for mine without a psu, earlier this year.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-NSK6580

My only beef with it, is that they're using thinner metal than on the old Antecs. But then, those cases were pretty darn heavy.

5. Doc Brown

Oh yeah, it will hold a pair of 92mm fans in front, which it doesn't come with.

I put a pair of Antec tri-cool fans in there, and on the lowest speed setting (very quiet!), my Raptors run in the low to mid 90F range.