GUN Cool trijicon story...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copeland, Jan 6, 2010.

1. copeland

copeland smarter than you

From canadiangunnutz.ca
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    P&D and Trijicon Come Through!

As some of you know, my legs were blown off by a Taliban IED during a joint Afghan/Canadian Army village clearance operation back in June 08. As if being a double above-knee amputee isn't annoying enough, what really pissed me off was that the eyepiece of my personally-owned Trijicon TR-21R scope got seriously pitted in the blast.

Although the scope and its Larue SPR mount were intact after the blast, the eye-piece lens was so scarred that it was pretty much non-serviceable. I eventually got around to contacting Trijicon in the hopes of coordinating a repair. After some discussion with Mr. Tom Kane (Trijicon Sales Coordinator) it became clear that my scope could not be returned to the U.S. for repair due to ITAR restrictions. Go figure - the U.S. State Dept actively works against its closest neighbor and military ally...

Thankfully, Tom from Trijicon is not one to quit when faced with a problem. He came up with the "next best" solution of providing me with a brand new TR-21G scope at cost, imported to Canada through P&D Enterprises in Edmonton. When I got the call earlier this month that the scope had arrived, I wheeled my way into P&D fully expecting to pay Trijicon’s cost plus Customs, Duty and shipping fees. Alas, that was not to be. Phil & Diane (aka P&D) had quite clearly conspired with Tom from Trijicon to pick up the balance of costs for the scope. As a result, my efforts to pay were politely rebuffed. I am not the least bit ashamed to admit that I shed a few tears of gratitude right then and there. Merry Xmas, indeed!

So there you have it - a Canadian veteran's Trijicon testimonial. I took my TR-21R overseas in a Larue Tactical SPR mount. It got broken (along with my legs) as the result of a a targeted IED. I asked Trijicon to repair the scope, but ITAR idiocy wouldn't allow that. Tom Kane (Trijicon Sales) was assigned to my case and came up with the solution of providing a new scope at company cost. My local dealer (P&D) imported the scope and presented it to me as a Christmas present. Tears of gratitude ensued.

I am proof that Trijicon not only stands by their product, but also supports the troops regardless of nationality Of more significance to Canadian Gunnutz is the fact that one of our premier dealers jumped at the opportunity to assist a wounded vet - despite their personal financial cost in a time of recession. Phil and Diane of P&D came through for me in spades – both as a conduit for legal importation of the new optic and in picking up the dealer cost of the replacement scope. Trijicon rocks, but more important to Canadian gun owners is the fact that Phil & Diane are a class act who deeply care.

Fot those who are interested, further details of the incident where I lost my legs are available in the following article: http://www.canadaeast.com/front/article/893165

If you bothered to read the article, I strongly urge you to contact your local MP in an effort to help my Afghan friend Mohammed emigrate to Canada. I cannot think of anyone more deserving of citizenship than my Afghan friend. He has risked everything to help our soldiers overseas, and now it is our turn to help him. Seriously – we owe this guy.

Sincere Regards,

Mark C
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:cool: I think my next purchase is going to be a ta33

3. BlueApocalypse

BlueApocalypse New Member

+1 to Trijicon and the dealer. :)

4. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

That's fucking awesome

5. SoonDubu

SoonDubu The most honest moment in a man's life is the five OT Supporter

:love:

that's badass :bowdown:

6. copeland

copeland smarter than you

ITAR really sucks for us up here.

Though in other news our Prime Minister made a pretty funny comment about US policy, comparing it to our nightmarish Long Gun Registry...

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

But did Larue replace his mount?

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Oh, that's right, it didn't need replacing after being blown up.