:cool: It's finally available!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Carnuba Moose Wax is the official name. Price is $18 for a 16 oz bottle. It should be on the website in a day or two.

Anyway, the shop I buy Clearkote products from already got in a shipment of the new Carnuba Moose Wax, so I've already got some in my greedy hands. They also finally got some the car wash soap in which is one product I haven't yet tried.

I've noticed the 'wet look' you get using CMW is more apparent on lighter colors. I detailed a tan Volvo S60 today, and after using Final Polish, I used CMW and looking from the panel I applied it to and the adjacent panel I hadn't, there was a noticable improvement in gloss and shine. I had my customer take a look without telling her what I had done, just which panel looked best, and she immediately pointed to the one I'd applied CMW to and said it looked 'wetter.

I'm washing the Lexus LS400's that I waxed with the sample of CMW that I got to test tomorrow (the green one was waxed on June 10th, the tan one about 2 weeks ago), so the green one will be a good indicator of how the shine, beading and slickness are holding up after about 6 weeks.

Something else I noticed about CMW-the bottle is definitely heavier than the same sized bottle of Vanilla Moose. I e-mailed Everett about the weight and he said "The weight of the CMW is due to the density of the ingredients. It has the highest concentration (amount) of carnauba and the purest in liquid form. That is what makes it so heavy."

I did take pics of the cars I used it on, so I will post them as soon as I finish the roll and get it developed.

Those of you who also go to Autopia probably have already seen this post over there. I know a few others also got the test samples and they were also really enthusiastic about the results they were getting.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

After looking at the other pics you showed us, I'm going to get some of this Moose Wax when I run out of the S100. Meanwhile, I'm going to start recomending it to people over the S100. :big grin:

3. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:cool: Scott, I have a darker red color, do you think these colors look wetter with CMW or S100? I am still curious on the durability too, so I will look forward to hearing about that as well :)

4. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Ugg. Right when i get s100 there is something better! Well ill finish off my s100 first too

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

This is the new Carnuba Moose Wax on red.

[​IMG]

Both S100 and CMW look very wet, but I'd give a slight nod to CMW. I wouldn't just toss out any jars of S100 though, it is still an outstanding wax.

6. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:cool: Thanks scott! :bigthumb: I guess I will keep my S100 until it runs out then give CMW a try ;)