Convincing the switch...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Oct 13, 2005.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

My Godmother and her husband are like my other set of parents. About five years ago they bought a Dell and taught them how to use it and the Internet. All they do on it is surf the web, email, and play games on Yahoo. They have NO interest in anything else.

Said Dell is starting to take a shit, so they're thinking about getting a new computer. I threw the word Apple out there, explaining that it might be a little easier for them to use, no spyware, little popups, etc. I explained how they'll probably pay double the price a full Dell system and they still seemed interested. Their only concern is they use PeoplePC for dialup and PeoplePC doesn't have an Apple version of their software. I'm pretty sure I can just set up a manual dialup connection. I'm taking my Powerbook over there tonight and testing it out.

Anyone else ever convince some not-so-computer-literate friends or family to switch to Apple? How did it go?

2. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Is there a reason they are with PeoplePC? Isn't that ad-supported dial-up?

3. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

if they've got no interest in anything else other than web/email mac mini ftw.

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i'd definitely say mac mini for them. they already have a monitor, keyboard, etc so go for it.