Converting vop-packed DivX to MPEG on Linux

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Penguin Man, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I have some "vop-packed" DivX movies that I would like to make into a DVD. They work fine in MPlayer. I have DVDStyler, which can take regular MPEG movies and make an iso to burn onto a DVD, but first I need to conver these DivX files into MPEGs. I've converted regular DivX/XviD files to MPEG using the command:

mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -oac copy input.avi -o output.mpg

which works great and only takes ten minutes or so. However, when I try this same command on a vop-packed DivX file, I get the error:

1 duplicate frame(s)!
    Unknown block type, possibly non-MPEG stream!

repeatedly, and the output is just the audio track (slightly garbled) with no video at all. avidemuxer seems to have an option to just unpack the vop-packed files, but I either can't figure out how to use it properly or it doesn't work. I know I could use transcode to convert the files into MPEG, but that takes several hours as opposed to the few minutes that converting them with mencoder takes.

So, does anyone have suggestions on how to convert these files? Even if there's some quick way to convert them to regular DivX, that would be fine because then I can just run the regular DivX through mencoder as above and it will convert it quickly and with no quality loss.

2. Penguin Man

3. Penguin Man

Meh, I gave up and just used the avitovob transcode script. It'll only take like 10 hours :dunno: