Converting Flash files to MOV or AVI

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by splanky, Dec 11, 2006.

1. splanky

splanky New Member

So I have these Flash Animations that I'm trying to convert to a format that is friendly for burning DVD's.

Flash 8 gives you the option of exporting to AVI, but when I do that the file comes up as invalid.

I convert it to a MOV file, and it can be played in Quicktime, but it exports it as just a Flash file, not separate audio and video. So if I try to convert from MOV to AVI, it comes out with no audio! arrgh!!!

The question is - does anyone know how to sucessufully export from Flash to AVI, or can I get a program that burns a MOV file as a playable DVD?

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

3. splanky

splanky New Member

I can do MOV to AVI, the problem is that there is no audio on the original MOV because Flash 8 doesn't export it that way. So while I can convert it, it comes out with no audio.

The other thing looks ok, but I'm trying to take an .fla file, not a Flash video file.

Maybe this would be a better question:

How can I take a flash animation and put it on a DVD?

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Try the Total Video Converter

You can burn the FLA file to DVD, sure a data DVD but not a video DVD. You need to find something to convert it to whatever your DVD authoring program supports.