Conversation Starter Ideas ? (I need game)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by efbomb, Aug 2, 2005.

1. efbomb

efbomb New Member

:edit: - cliffs and update added

I work for a computer consulting company, and i was in an office a few weeks ago and noticed a very attrative girl/woman that i exchanged looks and "Hi" with, but being that i am retarded, didnt even think about talking to her. apparently after i left the office she was asking about me and said i was cute(according to my stepmom who works with her)

I am supposed to go to a bar wednesday night to meet a girl that works with my step mom. She works at the bar, one night a week as a Bud Light girl.

about me:
    Start out by saying that i am somewhat of the shy type, i can be "nice guy" or i can be a cock, depends on how much i've drank/who i am with. I'm what most people would call "stocky" build,5'11" and ~220lbs, but i dont think im a fatty but could loose a few(or 20:) but thats for another day. Im a confident person, but its just getting past that shy part that always makes me look like a puss. I can hold conversation and even get some laughs usually. My friends GF's that get to know me say that im an awesome guy and that they want to hook their friends up with me (could be a bad i guess)

Ive been exclusively single for almost 2 years now, im 22. I've just been super busy with work fulltime(50hr/wk) and school fulltime too(12cr/hr). I dont have much of a life/chance to meet decent women. Ive been in one serious relationship that lasted about 2 years, and i needed a long break after that trainwreck. Ive dated a few girls since then/ in the past 6 months, but nothing serious at all(no ass either:wtc: ). Every girl that ive ever been involved with has approached me, ive never had to hit on a girl in my life.

Thread purpose: Help me come up with some ideas of what to say/talk to her about when i go to meet her. She's very attractive and physically 95% my type, and from what it sounds like she's not a ditz, so i dont want to blow my only chance. Like i said, im somewhat shy at first and need to come up with some game asap. Never had to "pull" girls before, but i need to be prepared incase she's not going to talk.

help me out OT

god i hope she's not on here

cliffs:i found out a really attractive girl wants to meet me, i'm nervous because i think she might be a little outa my league and im shy at first, but im going to give it a shot, and i have no game.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Find out some of the things that she's interested in, and use that to start. After you've started the conversation, it should hopefully go on its own without too much effort. Pull in some topics from your surroundings, too. Get her talking about something she's passionate about. (Maybe she likes shoes. Find out what fascinates her so much about them... maybe she likes showing off her feet... and maybe you happen to have a foot fetish. :naughty: ) In turn, show her what you're passionate about - maybe you like cars. Find some way to describe why they fascinate you so much without droning on about them - in other words, find a way for her to relate.

:rofl: :hsd: Don't worry so much! She's human, too, and if i were her and I saw this post, I would be prepared to give you a better chance than without knowing anything about you at all...

3. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

nothing wrong with opening up with something funny, if u can think of something ofcourse :p

4. Tugga

Tugga OT Supporter

Funny the way to go, or just hav a a few brews. Waddle over and say hey whats happening, she replies not much and you say well thats no good i guess i'm going to have to keep you company. Then say so whats it going to take to keep you amuzed blah blah blah. to easy

5. efbomb

efbomb New Member

Ahh, if I was only from australia, and could use the accent.

thanks for the advice
    this is a good idea. most females i know, will talk forever about their "thing" (ie. shopping, interior decorating, sports ...) if i can get her to talk about whatever it is, and act somewhat interested in it, i should be in.

then there is the "how about you give me you phone number, and ill give you mine, and we can go out sometime"
    like i said, never done this before so i dont know if this is what should be said. I think its the least threatneing, and it shows her that i want talk to her again, and it leaves her the option not to.

6. Darrin

first off, go out with her somewhere, if u guys hit it off, suggest maybe u guys could do it again some time, then what better time to ask for her number so u can "Give her a call to arrange something"..

cmon, that wasnt hard was it ;)

7. efbomb

efbomb New Member

UPDATE:

I had another service call at her office again, and this time i didnt act like a doosh and ignore her. I said hi, and initiated idle conversation. then one of her co-workers came over and just stood there waiting to talk to her while i was mustering up the balls to ask her out, and her phone was constantly ringing (she's the secretary). So i decided to split, assuming that i would get another chance. so that wasnt a total flop.

I went to the bar that she works at w/ a buddy later that night, but she wasnt working. So i just took a bunch shots and drinks , we left and went and made super loud squaking bird noises out of my car window on the way home thru the neighborhoods.

So today, i get a call from my stepmom saying that the the girl was all gigley and asking quesitons about me after i left, and she wants me to call her. and gave her cell number to my stepmom to give to me.

I called her and made it short and sweet. I asked her to lunch tomorow, and she said yes! :joshers:
    So now i just need to get comfortable around her, so i can act like myself, and not all jittery and nervous.

what do you think i could do to chill (besides rubbin one out, or drinking)
    and would you consider this a date, or a mutual friendthingy lunch?

8. Tugga

Tugga OT Supporter

Good stuff? Jitters and shit, dunno everyone gets it and it eventually fades when your brain relises that its a just a chick haha.

Don't get tanked either, it deff won't look good on a first date.

9. Darrin

just relax. dont be too early, definately dont be late..

may aswell rub one out anyhow ;)

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Don't worry about her. It sounds like she's the one that's going to be feeling nervous.

11. M3Driver

M3Driver New Member

yeah she'll be the nervous one if she gave your mom her number

also, this is definitely not just a friendly lunch thingy

man up and go in their knowing you're all that and you'll be fine.

12. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

take her somewhere quiet, not a bar or something, you will want to talk to her to get to know her better, since you have had limited conversation soo far.

13. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

Dude, I know how you feel! There's someone I've been meaning to ask out the past few MONTHS! =(

If you both have jitters it's even better. You'll notice her slip ups with words or things she does.. and she'll notice yours. It shows her your sincerity towards her and her's towards you. Play off that if that is the case. She'll warm up to you and you her.

14. Atheist

Atheist oh, hi OT Supporter

sounds like you're already set, great work!

15. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

be confident. i just try to think that the girl is falling head over heels for me, and usually that helps my confidence. i'm a lot smoother and natural then. dont give off a big ego vibe though.

16. jdm-cd5

jdm-cd5 Guest

pics arnt loading for some reason

17. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

This isn't the main Off-Topic forum, dumbass.... :rolleyes:

18. efbomb

efbomb New Member

Im sorry, your AV isnt loading for some reason

Thanks everybody else.

It went well. I met her, we walked a block or so and ate lunch.
    I found out alot, i think she could tell i was nervous, but i think she also noticed that i knew she was a bit nervous too.

Only thing i think i could have done better was be more interested in what she was saying. Imean i payed attention, but i didnt react. Like i was trying to think of what to say, and how i wanted to reply(laugh, comment ect..) and i think i ended up saying nothhing and coming across as somewhat stuckup. But thats ok, the first date is always kinda ackward.

Immedaitely i was kinda bummed, and it put me in that mood for the rest of the date. within the first 20 minutes of knowing her, i herd her talk about how she likes to go out to bars all the time, and she's a budlight girl (huge flirt), and she told me that she went to a local biker rally(by choice) and said " what happened there stays there".....

yah, that fucked me over from the start. I immedaitely started trying to ignore my curiosity of "what happend there stays there" but it kept eating at me. Immediately i assumed she had a train ran on her by biker guys( :barf: ) and i started thinking she is just one of those slutty attention whores that you see whenever you go out, hanging on like 5 different guys in one night, and has little to no respect for herself. not at all what i want to have for a significant other.
    basically from then on i just held conversation, and tried not to sound like a booring person.
    she smokes too, but it trying to quit. i dont smoke.
    date ended with her saying "call me or i will call you"

im not sure what to think. I think shes hot and all, but i dont know if i should go for it, or stay clear of this one.

Im giving her the benefit of the doubt, and i've asked her out on a second date, and she was happy to say yes. dinner and a movie tonight.
    If by the end of the date im not happy with her, then i will tell her why. Ive always wanted to come clean with girls that i didnt like, but was too scared to tell them why.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  19. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds like you have enough doubts that if it were me, I'd steer clear of her. You're right that it does sound like she's a bit on the dirty side, and therefore if you call her out on it she's only getting what she deserves.