contract up, what do i switch to

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dpakman91, Jul 1, 2004.

1. dpakman91

dpakman91 New Member

my contract with sprint is up tomorrow. right now i ahve the $35 300/unlimited plan. i have the samsung 8100.

i have the replacement warranty with circuti city, so i can go back at any time and get a store credt ifor $200-$240 for my phone. problem is, they don't ahve sprint anymore. i'd have to swtich to verizon and tmobile. not a big deal though, i can just return this phone, sell my credit to a friend, and get a phone somewhere else.

what should i get for a service (don't care about the phone)...i think i wanna be able to use my phone in other countries

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

If you want to be able to use your phone in other countries you have two options.

1. Buy T-Mobile and get a good phone that will work globally and use their service here in the states
    2. Buy verizion for the states and buy an unlocked gsm phone off ebay to use when you go over seas

Of the two providers you mentioned, i'd go with verizion

3. dpakman91

dpakman91 New Member

alright, let's say i go with verizon. you suggest i buy an unlocked phone on ebay, and then i would bring it to a verizon dealer to have them activate it in the US for me?

what if i DIDN'T just have to go with verizon or tmobile? would there be anything better? AT&T maybe?

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

verizion isnt on gsm so you cant technically unlock their phones. verizion uses CDMA which is a digital network here in the us.

your best bet on coverage is to ask the people in that area what they have and what their experiences are. if i remember correctly, there was an at&t thread awhile back in the main forum and most people from massachusetts said they didnt have any problems with the coverage

5. strubbe

strubbe New Member

T-Mobile. Nationwide coverage, and you can get the $39.99 plan with free nights/weekends/roaming/long distance and 600 anytime minutes. That's the plan I sell the most. You can get a free phone if you have good credit as well.

6. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

What pineapple devil meant was that you go with Verizon and when you wanted to go overseas you would buy an unlocked GSM phone to use overseas with a prepaid service.