SRS Continuing Problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deleterious, Nov 15, 2009.

1. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

Well for a few years now I've always been pretty introverted/anti social. I mean I have my moments where I'll be in the mood and go out and want to talk to girls/people/etc. but its pretty few and far between. People feel tell me I always look depressed even when I feel like I'm in a perfectly normal state of mind. It's almost as if I don't feel happy unless I have a reason to rather than feeling happy unless I have a reason not to.
    Most of the time I don't like going out/meeting new people because generally it seems like a waste of time.The people are shallow, annoying, and seemingly not worth my time. I'm not really afraid of what they think of me or anything like that but I don't feel like putting in the effort. Moreover, I really don't have I feel like I should talk to them about.
    One issue I find myself confronting often is the need for validation from my accomplishments. I compare myself to others a lot of times and what they have done. This tendency is my greatest/worst enemy because it forces me to try to engage in productive activities. If I don't I feel like I'm wasting my time. While this helps with school work and mundane stuff like that I'm usually left unhappy.
    Overall I feel like I understand some of these major problems but am at a loss as to how to change my mindset and course of actions to make me happier.

2. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

You sound like you're a pretty judgemental person.

"Have they accompished as much as me?"

"I generally find people annoying."

Maybe you're just not a people person, and never will be. You're just who you are.

I've known people like you, and they too seem generally depressed, or miserable all the time.

I'm not a psychologist, so I wouuldn't pretend to tell you how you got that way, but I'm sure if you saw one for therapy, they might be able to give you an answer.

3. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

Yes and no. When I'm trying to assess how I feel about my life thats usually how it is, because thats the clearest way to compare something. But if I'm just meeting someone I'll usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Were the quotes deleted?
    Tell us more about yourself. What do you do in your spare time, do you have friends/girlfriend, what do you do for a living and why do you do it, etc.

5. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

I didn't delete anything but they are applicable.
    Spare time consists of playing soccer, listening to music, watching movies, etc. I have a few close friends I usually hang out with. No girlfriend. I'm a student.

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You didn't go into details. I can't understand you in a single line.
    With whom do you play soccer? How do you deal with people there? Why do you have mainly solitary activities? What are you studying and why are you studying it? What do you think about people you see in soccer games or in scool or whatever. Describe your relationships with your friends.

7. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

accept yourself for who you are, whether you are an introvert or extravert you have no say, this is something you are born with. Look up socionics on wikipedia, it might help you understand yourself.