Constant Worrying about breaking up???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jond, Mar 11, 2005.

1. jond

jond New Member

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone has some sage advise.

Basically, I've been constantly worrying that my girlfriend of 3 months is getting bored with me, or about to breakup with me.

I confronted her last weekend, and told her that I feel empending doom lol, and she assured me she loves me, yada yada.

We talk on the phone every day, and we usually hangout every fri/sat/sun. I'm pretty sure my worrying is unfounded, but I dont know how to feel at ease... HELP?

2. Heyhey

Heyhey New Member

Dont worry so much, you've only been with eachother for 3 months so the relationship is still new, Just go with the flow, and if then she starts showing in time that she is indeed bored then confront her and talk about it

3. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

I have the same problem. But Ive been very insecure about all my relationships. I always wonder if today is the day that she is going to break up with me. Im always worried that she isnt happy, and my gf right now complains about me asking her if she's happy, because she promises that she is happy, she loves me, etc. etc. Its just something that happens to people with low self-esteem I think

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Self fullfilling prophecies.

5. Crystal Ban

Crystal Ban Guest

try to bang her more ofen,:cool:

6. jond

jond New Member

Honestly, thats probably good advise. We only do it 3-4 times a month. Shes made comments she likes guys to treat her bad in bed, not to be easy. I take that to mean 'be more freaking agressive'. Yep, good call. Shes in for it tonight :hsd:

I know. Thats a freaking problem. I know what initially turned her on to me was my self confidence. For some reason I was driping with it. Now that I've fallen for her, I'm scared to lose her and I find myself acting like a pussy. And acting like a pussy doesnt turn chicks on...

You're right. Low self-esteem being I dont think high enough of myself, and think I'm not worthy of her. That I couldnt find anyone else.
    F that... I should be thinking shes the lucky one.

I agree. I'm not going to talk to her about it anymore, and I'm going to try to stop worrying about it. If I see concrete signs, I'll worry then.At least in theory thats what I'll do.

7. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

when sex drive dies down between two people, then the relationships over, unless your married

8. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    Don't be borning.
    But be yourself.

9. ST33LR4T

ST33LR4T New Member

insecure

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

More sex is a plus. Also try doing some just random things to keep things interested. If you feel you are being to boring, or things are getting to redundant, then take the time to come up with some new things to do.

Relationships to tend to go south when things fall into a routine. Keep things mixed up and fun, and you should be good to go. Don't worry about being insecure either, its natural when you care about someone to have that fear of losing them. Instead of letting that fear bring you down, use it to keep yourself motivated to making her life even better and your relationship more interesting.

11. Britney Spears

Well, everything eventually leads to insecurity, but what is behind insecurity- that causes it- at the root- is the wire that needs to be pulled.

12. shady5

shady5 Guest

dont read into the little stuff too much, of course its not going to be exotic as it was at first but its all good. Until u find shes cheating on you, then dump

13. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

why not? If 2 are truly meant to be, and truly in love...then there should be no love loss or even other loss to the relationship. I know me and my girl have been together for a long while and thigns get BETTER everyday. More exotic, more love, more passion, more everything.

My grandparents and many other old people I know are the same way, they are truly in love and it always gets better. I think people are just told that things are supposed to get a little worse, and a little less love, and a little less fun as a relationship goes on, so when that happens, people are OK with it and accept it as normal. Its not normal for a healthy couple.

14. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

seriously, thinking about it will make things worse. just live your life a day at a time and enjoy.

15. Britney Spears

Yea, we're not helping him forget, lolz!1

16. jond

jond New Member

lol. I'm still worrying about it too.

Its weird, we hung out on friday and it was good. We had a really awesome time saturday. Sunday she met my parents/sister, things went very good. Then sunday night we had this long(4hour) discussion about us. She kept saying how shes independent, how she doesnt want to change who she is for a relationship, how she doesnt think you need a relationship to be happy, how she could picture herself growing old with someone OR alone. etc, etc.
    I left feeling sad. She called me 5 minutes later saying 'thank you' and said she loved me. Then she emailed me this morning telling me how happy she was my parents like her, that she would have a perminate smile on today.
    WTF... I'm confused.

17. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

that's really the best advice you're going to get on this matter.

18. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

oh, & make plans. trips, weekends away. picnic's, etc. things to look foward to are helpful.

19. Britney Spears

Maybe you just need to reverse tha tables.