GUN Consignment or used guns...your thoughts.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by texchef, Feb 26, 2008.

1. texchef

texchef Guest

Personally I have had good experience with them. My Beretta 96 was in very good condition and had a few extras with it for just under $400.

Would you buy from an individual over the net/FTF or consignment from a local shop who can inspect them and give you a professional opinion? I know shops make a commission on the consignment but the shop where I got my 96from actually strayed me away from another Beretta cause they knew the guy and said he throttles hundreds of rounds/month through his pistols then sells them off when he starts shooting bad with them.

Discuss....

2. el capitan

el capitan New Member

i'd probably only buy from someone on here. while i know that it would most likely be a bad idea. i'd like to think that wmd'ers would look out for each other, and not screw ppl over

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I've never been burned with used guns, most people don't shoot enough to shoot them out.

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'd only buy a gun I have never seen in person from someone I knew, otherwise its to the store where I can handle and inspect it and have someone with experience with that weapon look at it as well.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I have to agree with this. Most people who own guns probably won't take them out as much we 'enthusiasts' do.

6. sneakyjesus

sneakyjesus New Member

I traded my xd45 for my g19 over on arfcom. It was an honest trade, and turned out well. But. there are a lot of douchebags out to fuck you over. I was sold an SKS that didnt cycle, if you can believe tha. I think I got the only one like that on the planet.

In my experience, lots of gun owners don't shoot much, and get bored with new guns quickly and the weapons end up for sale. I have no problem buying a gun that is 'broken in' especially if i can inspect it.

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

it's iffy. most of the time it's a decent gun that someone either needed money or just never shot, but there are those that you have to be careful checking out. I've seen people try to sell shit that would have grenaded within 50 more rounds.