Connected to the Internet, but Browser wont load!! HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nikkostarr5, Feb 23, 2006.

1. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

hello, i am desperate, I don't know what to do, I've tried following several FAQs and stuff and it hasn't solved the problem.

We have a modem from comcast and all the lights are on, the router is working, and my roomates computer can get online (which I am posting from) However mine says connection is excellent but the browser opens and just says my homepage can not be found. Its so frustrating. It has worked before, and it just stopped working last night.

I dunno what else to try. Please help. I tried deleting temporary internet files and choosing "never dial a connection" but that didnt change anything.

2. jwynn

jwynn Yeah I Know I Dont Have Enough Posts

1. Go to Start -> Run
    2. Type cmd
    3. When the window opens type: ping yahoo.com

Do you get a response?

If not type ipconfig and tell us what your IP address is.

Also, I take it your roomate is accessing the same the same router connected to the same modem? Wireless I am assuming?

3. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

Yes, actually I fixed it...apparently while trying to fix it I unchecked a box that said " Allow other network computers to connect through this computers internet connection" I re-checked it and it just started working again. Weird. I probably messed it up when I tried to fix it.