SRS Confusing situation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fububutsy, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

So I have a friend that lives in Baton Rouge, although different from the one in my other thread about losing my best friend, so it's not about the same girl. Anyway, we went to high school together and then ddn't see each other for about 4 years. One day she shows up at a clothing store that my aunt was a manager at because we had to move everything from one location to a new one. Turns out she worked there the whole time during the summers and for one of the locations in Baton Rouge. Anyway, when I met up with her again the first time in 4 years, the first question she asks me is if I have a girlfriend. I thought that was a good sign.

Anyway, we talk on the phone a bit over the course of two weeks and we hang out together with a group of friends. So anyway, like the last week before she leaves to go back to school, I ask her out to a movie, she said yes and when we decide what to go see the day before, she tells me "she is excited about going". So we go, we end up seeing White Noise, not a very good movie but it was fun to go out with her. Everytime there were jump out scare parts, she grabs my arm and holds on. Near the end when there are alot of jump out parts in succession, I just take her hand and hold it and she doesn't mind. Another good sign I guess. Anyway, my aunt and a couple of friends I have that work at the same store as her kinda play with her about going to the movies with me(thanks a fucking lot :hsd: ), but she tells them it was just going see a movie with me, it was as friends or whatever. Not so good sign.

Anyway, we keep talking on the phone for awhile, she tells me at one point that when she comes down that we need to go see a movie so she can go watch a scary movie with me. We end up losing contact, the last day I talked to her was on Valentine's day of this year. I don't know what the deal was with all that, but she ended up getting a new number at some point, gave her phone with that number to a friend or family member, not sure and I don't hear from her until two nights ago.

Out of the blue I get this call from an unknown number and I almost don't answer it because I was on the phone with one of my guy friends, but it was almost 10 so I tell him I gotta get it to see who it is instead of calling the number back after 10. I have a weird thing about calling anybody after 10 unless they are really close friends. Turns out it was her and she said she just wanted tell me hi since we hadn't talked in so long. I want to let the other line go, but she says to just call her the next day, so that was that. I try calling a couple times yesterday a few hours apart and no answer. Not so great. I call at like 2 in the afternoon on thursday and no answer. This fucking sucks. I decide against calling her again today, until I finally decide to at about 9, she answers and we talk a bit. She makes it a point to tell me that she put a picture of us up on facebook to "show her love for white boys" as she put it. Thing is that this was way back in March after we lost contact. I figure this is another good sign, maybe not, I can't really tell. Anyway, we kinda make plans to get in contact when she comes back in town next weekend, nothing definite but we plan on seeing each other during this time.

So what should I do I guess is my question? I plan on asking her out but I am just so confused about it for some reason. I don't even really know why I typed all this out but I just felt like getting outside opinions from others.

Cliffs: Friend from high school and I see each other after 4 years, first thing she asks is if I have a girlfriend, we end up going to the movies, we talk on the phone to keep contact because she lives out of town. Lost contact again, she calls two nights ago just to say hi. Talk again tonight, tells me about her love for white boys and she put a picture of us on her facebook photo album. Plan on seeing each other next weekend when she is in town. How do I go about it? :rofl:

BTW, she is black if anyone was wondering about the love for white boys thing. Not that it matters, I have 9 nieces and nephews that are mixed race, and my step brother and sister and step-mom are all black. I am white. My entire family evidentally has jungle fever, including me. :rofl:

2. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Hmm. I don't really know what to say to help you succeed in hooking up with her... I would have written her off a while ago.

See, I'm at the point in my life where I avoid confusing situations instead of trying to navigate them. This means that I'm actions-oriented. If a girl really wants to hang out with you, she will find a way. If she wants to keep in touch, she will find a way. If she sometimes finds a way and sometimes doesn't, odds are she is using you as an emotional crutch when it is convenient to do so.

Granted, there are exceptions, but I'd find a different sister to pursue.

3. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

I don't know if she has ever had a relationship with a white guy or not. I actually had pretty much written her off since I hadn't talked to her in so long, so it's not that big of a deal. I mean, I have had feelings for her in the past and wouldn't mind a relationship with her, but we were never that close so it's not a huge deal if she doesn't want anything besides friendship. And I am done with the trying to win someone over thing after a bad situation with one of my best friends. I am just going to see what happens next weekend when she is in town and go from there. Something happens great, nothing happens, oh well, it sucks but it isn't going to be that big of a deal. I don't know if she knows that in the past that I have had interest in her but I would lean towards that being a yes and she has never reacted negatively towards me about anything. I'll just see how next weekend goes, can't do much else besides that anyway.