SRS Confusing girls ftl.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fallenauthority, Nov 26, 2006.

1. fallenauthority

fallenauthority OT Supporter

Ok well let me give a little background,
    Met this girl, Catherine that i knew from elementary school last year on myspace(see myspace is good for something). We met up one day and drove to a park and walked around for a couple hours and talked about old memories, during this time i felt an immediate connection. This was in late december, She invited me over to a friends house for a new years party. I went, we hung out, got to know her friends, blah blah blah. Had a good time. Talked to her friend who said that She(Catherine) didnt like me as more than a friend. So i continued to talk to her on a friendly basis, hung out a few times. Then she told my friend that she thought she might actually like me. Blah blah, lots of bullshit later she realizes she doesnt. Time goes on and we start hanging out again. Now let me say that everytime we hung out i always enjoyed her company, but i always dreaded hanging out with her because it renewed my feelings for her, which really sucked. Fast forward to last night when i receive this message from her on, yep you guessed it, myspace saying this:
    "Hey. So I'm not really sure why I'm writing this, but I thought you should know that I think about you sometimes. Like, about the chances of an "us" and stuff, but I don't know. I don't want to get your hopes up, like I know I do like everytime we hang out or something. And I don't want to like hang out once, then hear from Colleen that you're sad, then feel guilty or awkward or whatever. I don't want to use you, though it seems like that's what I've been doing. I just don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have even written this. But for some reason I wanted to tell you that I think about you. I don't know."
    This was after i havent talked to her or hung out with her in probably about a month. WTF. She is a very nice genuine girl, straight A student, only had one boyfriend and that was back in middle school. What the hell is going on. Why does it seem that everytime im starting to get over her and try to move on (which i have been talking to another girl for about a month now) she always pops back into my life and gives me hope again. stupid stupid stupid me. mostly just a rant, any tips on handling this would be appreciated as well.

2. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

how old is she ? Sounds like highschool

3. fallenauthority

Oh yea forgot to say, We are both seniors in HighSchool.

4. sp0rk in the ear

sp0rk in the ear New Member

Get your hopes up? What a load of shit. Tell her not to get her hopes up and to stop messing with your head.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Your thread title says "Confusing girls ftl" but she's not being confusing at all.
    It should read "guys who can't interpret ftl". That's not to rag on you...just life, that's all.

Anyways here's the translation:

"hey, you're cool to hang out with and all, and I LOVE attention coming my way, What girl doesn't?"
    "As you know, I'm a little new at this, considering I've only had 1 bf so far"
    "Now to be perfectly honest, I'm actually not THAT into you, or else I would've been swept off my feet. Come on, I'm a girl in HIGHSCHOOL! fer godsakes!"

"So here's the deal...If you want to worship me, that's cool. But I'm a nice girl, so I DO NOT WANT to feel guilty about that. "
    "That's sorta sounds like I'm using you...sigh...I'm a nice girl, so don't make me say that. Even though it's true. Gimme a break, I'm only human...and I'm a teenage girl, so don't be surprised!"

"and lastly...if I do meet a guy that I actually LIKE...sorry but you and I are DONE immediately. In fact, you won't actually hear about it until I tell you I slept with him. And I did so almost immediately"
    "If I EVER sleep with you, it'll likely be a one-time thing....and you'll have to put in a few years before I break down and give in. "
    "UNLESS I meet that other guy beforehand, that is"
    "And I might just have to tell you that I didn't think YOU and I were actually dating. Ouch"
    "That's gonna hurt, but I'm certainly not going to call myself a tramp, so I'll do like all the other girls do"

"so..are you up for all that? "

OK. So there you have it.

6. fallenauthority

rather harsh but i can see that being true. thanks for the moment of realization.

7. fallenauthority

With seeing you guys analyze this it is so obvious and in your face clear that what you guys are saying is true. Im usually the one giving advice to my friends and all, and if i were to look at this from the outside i would be saying the same thing you guys are saying, but i have a horrible habit of leaving myself to be a "victim" so to speak of bullshit like this. Thanks for putting it into perspective.