confused......?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by God of Thunder, May 15, 2007.

1. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

Ok, there this girl who works at a local clothing store around here. I really like her, but i've only seen her twice. The first time, I bumped into her on accident and she smiled really big and we both apologized and I moved on. Instantly, I knew I needed to talk to her. This was a 'finer' department store (if you will) so since she was workign at the customer service desk, I asked her if she could go into the break room to get me a coke. She obliged and even offered to pay for it. I respectfully declined and gave her the money. Later on, while checking out, she came and replaced the lady when I was next, she said "hey, you told me you were leaving!!!" and I said "yea, well I just got hung up"

I checked everything out, and left. One week later, sunday, I went in again. I saw her straighting up some clothes and as I just walked by she said "hey, I remember you!!" and then she said "but you never told me your name, what is it?" after I replied we talked for awhile. I asked her if she ever goes to the baseball games and she said not very often, I mentioned to her that I get free KC Royals tickets and that she should go sometime with me, she said that baseball is not that exciting for her and maybe we could do something else. I said 'sure' and we exchanged numbers. Now, usually this means im in!!!

Anyways, I don't call her that day, and the next day (monday) I call her at about 1:00pm. Keep in mind im 21 and she is 18. She answers and I say "hey its brandon" and she responds "hey, im at school right now, I gotta go" now I could hear alot of people in the background and she is about to graduate, so I believe that....

Now here is the kicker, before I hung up, I said "Well hey, call me back when you get a chance"

I was planning on askign her to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 this thursday.

Anyways, her response to me was "Maybe......"

I said bye and hung up.

What the hell kind of answer is 'maybe'..............?????????????

I tried to call her again come about 930pm, big mistake probably, she didn't answer (of course) and I won't call her again, but im just trying to figure out what happened here. If she calls tomorrow, then great, otherwise its not going to kill me, I just don't get how she seemed so excited to see me again, and then doesn't want to even talk.....

what does OT think.?

CLIFFS: read above.

2. God of Thunder

yes, poco is in my thread! please say something positive!!

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

It means you need to call HER, dumbass. ;) And don't invite her to a movie for a first date, that's a killer! Invite her to a coffee so you can sit and TALK and get to know her.

Simple.

I'd wait 3 days to call her again.

4. God of Thunder

so, your saying that 'maybe' means she wants me to call her again?? even though I tried later that night and she didn't answer? Your the man though, ill wait 3 days and call her!.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I should add ... don't invite her to a baseball game, etc., and when she asks tell her something like "Well, I barely know you, so we should get to know each other better before first." Make her WORK to be able to get to go to fun venues.

6. God of Thunder

I don't get it....:hs:

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You don't want to invite her out to something that is so fun that she cannot resist, or otherwise could be a distraction to you and her just being together. You are avoiding golddiggers who just want nice dinners, free movies, free baseball games. If you invite a woman out to just sit and talk with you, she is going to REALLY have to like you to do that, and she will. A woman who is interested in you wants nothing more than to sit and get to talk to you and learn who you are.

My first dates are always a drink at an upscale bar that is quiet but has a nice crowd. If after (or during!) the first drink things are not going well, you can always wrap it up. If things are going good, you can order another drink or some food. If you go to a movie you cannot talk to her AT ALL which is stupid. A baseball game is so long that if she turns out to be a bitch ... what are you going to do? Leave? Suffer? Screw that. Besides, it's expensive. If you went on 10 first dates a month and spent $100 each that would be $1000 easy. Why do that? Spend no more than $20 which will weed out golddiggers and save you time, money, and hassle.

Make her WORK to be on your list of going to bigger and better things. Don't start out with them.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're thinking way too much. The second call was unnecessary as well. She was at school (HS might I remind you) where phones aren't supposed to be talked on in class, you shouldve called her at a normal time, but oh well.

The ball is in her court to call you. If she doesn't then oh well. Maybe she has a boyfriend, who the fuck knows what's going on with her life, you've only seen her twice.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

But...but...women don't "play games"

:rofl:

She knows you are interested, and she knows she can make you work for it.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Go hang out with her at a nice park...walk around on a nice day, and talk and get to know each other. Gor for a small snack or coffee or drinks afterwards.

Definitely agree with the free or low-cost ideas for the first date...not only to weed out the golddiggers, but also if the date goes badly, or you just don't connect with the person (and this happens sometimes), you aren't kicking yourself for wasting a ton of money.

Going to the movie is a bad idea. I mean, yeah, I'm gonna go see that movie, but since it is gonna be good, you know both of you would be watching it and not talking to each other.

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I think everyone is missing the fact that he is somewhat on the edge of a low interest precipice right now. That phone call later the same day was a very bad call after telling her to call you.

id say you have three main options:

1. plow through. Just keep on going full steam. Ignore all the crap and just call and invite her on a date (the date ideas in this thread are good)

2. fuck it. she doesnt seem very into you and hasnt returned your phone call. maybe one more phone call and then write her off.

3. go to her store in a week. This is a move i would seriously consider. She seems to respond a lot better in person then on the phone, so you may want to work that to your advantage. The biggest downside is she is in highschool and things change quick. If she has no other guys interested you should be fine, but who knows.

12. God of Thunder

I thought maybe it was low interest, then I kind of ruled it out. Obviously, its still a huge possibility, but I looked at it this way.

Her saying 'Maybe!' and not calling would lead me to believe she is NOT interested, however, when I got her number, she went as far as to suggest we do something else that she'd like better, and that leads me to believe she was interested. If she don't call in 3 days, ill try again, if not, who cares!:)

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

girls change second to second. It takes 3 words or less from one of her friends to completely change her entire opinion of you. She is acting not interested right now, which is more important then the fact that she was interested before.

14. low20

low20 Member

sounds kinda sketch but typical for an 18yr old high school girl....she prolly told her friends about it, who immediatley told her you were prolly a stalker or psycho and she changer her mind. either that or she was just being polite in the store but it seems like she was interested at that point...if she doesnt call YOU back then I dsay screw it. dont look desperate by calling her again, she has your #, she knows you called, if she wants to call you she will...just my input...if she said "maybe" id take that as a gtfo but thats me...if u liked a chick and she called u and u coulnt talk and she said call me back, you wouldnt say maybe

15. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

It also suggest she's inflexible. You're already conceding power to this chick. :o

16. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You're making the typical guy mistake: Inability to bottom line it. The REALITY here is that if she were interested, she'd be making it easy to get in contact with her. End of story!

If a woman really likes a guy she is NOT going to make it hard for him to spend time with him!

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. He's already called her too much
    2. He's already called her too much
    3. That's just pathetic and stalkerish. If she doesn't want to date him she doesn't want to date him.

The ball is in her court to call him. If she doesn't then he needs to move the fuck on. She's just your run of the mill immature cute 18 year old girl.

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I agree 100%.

Based on the original post, I believe that she was highly interested in him initially, but her interest cooled off.

But we never know what is going on in someone else's mind. Maybe she just liked the attention from him while she was at work, and doesn't want anything to do with him otherwise. Maybe she had a co-worker she wanted to make jealous.

But if the OP doesn't feel like he has anything to lose and his self-esteem can take the hit, then the options antihero listed are viable.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

18 year olds are flaky as hell by nature.

God damnit I want a beer :wtc:

20. NCS

NCS Active Member

dude since YOU dont feel closure, call one more time and say what you need to say. decide what your best shot is and do it.

for ex, ask her about it, and if she says no, tell her you're over calling her and watch her call back in a few days.

21. NCS

NCS Active Member

i'm not giving him advice to fix the situation, but something to learn from. the situation is already fucked, he might as well try some thigns out

22. God of Thunder

some many good points in this thread. She has not called today, and nor have I called her. I won't call for at least 3 days, and even then I may decide its not worth it.

23. L Shaped Ambush

L Shaped Ambush New Member

fuck i'm having cute 18 yo girl problems too.

can we just put the game on pause for a second and maybe you can slob my knob? shit :hsugh:

24. God of Thunder

Ok, just a small minor update here. I was going through my phone and noticed a miss call at 2:00PM. It was NOT from her, but it was from a number that is NOT in my phone, meaning it could have quite possibly been from her home. I know your thinking that she wouldhave been in school at 2pm, but she graduates sunday so they are probably done until then. I believe monday she was picking up graduation supplies anyway.

Anyways, tomorrow afternoon, I will call the number and see who it is. Doubt its her, but you never know.

25. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

never tell a girl to call you unless you are only going for the ones who are super duper interested and don't have many other options. It is always more consistent to be the one calling