SRS !!!confused!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by snowboard_queen, Jan 13, 2006.

1. snowboard_queen

snowboard_queen New Member

ok...so like i dated this guy for a long long time and been best friends for like forever...but we broke up a while back...anywho...i have a new bf..and he's great..nice...caring..and so on...he makes me happy...but the other day...my ex called and like my heart skipped a beat and i felt the same way i felt when i first realized i liked him....and i have no one to talk to this about...simply because you shouldn't have those feeling about another person...?right?

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Sorry. You and your first bf are now over. Stay with the new guy.

3. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

You can't help how you FEEL, but you can control how you BEHAVE.

4. snowboard_queen

yeah i know...it's insane though...i am not quite sure...i will stay with the new guy...of course...it's just that how do you get over some one? do i talk to him and say..."hey we need to take a break from our daily phone calls"...or do i still talk to him..and hopefully these feeling pass...confusing....is all i have to say...

5. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

if you have trouble resisting temptation, then avoid temptation :hsugh:

don't talk to your ex anymore.

6. snowboard_queen

that's sounds easy to do...lol...but it does need to stop...just for now...i think....

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I always tell people, you DONT want to be like a 'lightswitch' on off on off, when you 'break up' it means that you already have the proof that things didn't work out, there's absolutely ZERO reason to think why it would work out the next time, besides its unfair to your new bf who thinks you are commited to him. One relationship at the time please, and bury the past relationships while your at it.

8. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

Ok.. In your first post you mentioned how good your ex made you feel.. Pardon my bluntness but why don't you feel that way about your current boyfriend? If you don't feel that way, why are you with him? I'm not saying your feelings are wrong... it's human nature to have crushes and get all tingly and excited, it's that same feeling that makes the beginning of most relationships so damn exciting. That feeling... But you have to take into account that you feel this way about someone you've already tried to have a relationship with and it didn't work and your current boyfriend is completely in the dark during all of this, which just isn't fair. This is where the ball is left in your court. You have to make a decision to either stay in a relationship where things are mediocre (atleast that's the impression I got) but more or less stable and make the sacrifice by cutting things off with a person you deeply care about or break up with your current boyfriend and take a chance on something that isn't guaranteed and had a zero percent success rate in the past or finally forget both of them and work on you. I suggest the latter, personally. You seem on the younger side and while you may not realize it because your caught up in all of this drama, this is the perfect opportunity to just be young and enjoy your life, figure out what it is that makes you happy without having to rely on someone else to do it for you. Date around as well, it's so much easier to maintain a Friday night schedule than a relationship that might require more than what you are wanting to give. Good luck little chiclet. :bigthumb:

9. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

How old are you? Just curious.

10. snowboard_queen

yeah dating is good, dating is all i ever want in anything. it's just somedays it's just so damn confusing. like am i suppose to be talking to him. am i suppose to be how we use to be and that's friends. cause we were friends long long before we started dating. and he know's my whole life story. knows when i am sad and knows how to keep me sane. and that's probably why i like him so much. he's probably my soulmate in another lifetime or just that one guy who will always have that piece of me that no one will ever have. i dont' know, it was just odd that i got that feeling from my ex again. and i am 19 maybe i am too young to even have these stupid questions, i don't know

11. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

Your putting too much thought into an otherwise easy problem. As of right now, you are hiding things from your boyfriend, so dump him. You won't have to lie or hide things anymore. You don't give the impression that he is what you want anyway...

He's your ex for a reason. If you were to jump back into the relationship game with him tomorrow, by Thursday you'd be remembering what it was that broke you two up the first time. Save yourself a few days.

You want us to keep repeating ourselves while you make no attempt at even actually considering what is being said. You have to do something. The situation you are in isn't working. Fix it. Problem solved. No excuses, no more being confused.. you've been sleeping on it since the first phone call from your ex.. you know what needs to be done. Step up to the plate and take care of business already. Don't justify .. and please please please don't be one of those girls.. :bigthumb: