Confused (roomate/girl)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kf4zht, Sep 17, 2007.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I am living with one of my best friends and her BF (who I am pretty good friends with). They have been having alot of issues lately and this weekend it broke down to the point that the breakup will probably happen within the week. I have been trying to help both of them, at least to calm them down. (I don't have a problem with either of them so I will not bad mouth the other) I am trying not to offer them any advice, since I haven't had a GF in 16 months, and the one before that was a mess.

She has been helping me try and find a GF, but so far I can't seem to find anyone I click with.

Then Saturday night (right after a big argument between them she came into my room. I could tell she was really upset and she said "I think this is yours" and dropped a slip of paper on my desk. It was a fortune cookie fortune that read "Investigate new possibilities with friends. Now is the time". I made a comment about it and she talked about a girl I knew but haven't talked to in awhile.

This left me confused. I don't know if she just found it and decided to take her mind or if she meant something else by it.

Then it leaves me even more confused. If she hinting at something more I don't know what to do. When I first met her they were already together, however if they had not been I definatly would have tried to get her. That was 2 years ago however. She is the type of girl I could see myself marrying. However there are too many problems that I keep seeing. First of all, both of them pay rent. I don't know what will happen if/when they break up. Also I am friends with him, and I usually make it a point not to date friend's ex's. But at the same time it would be hard to not at least try.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Whoa, umm...that fortune speaks louder than words. It seems pretty obvious what she is trying to tell you, but this is a sticky situations if I've ever heard. Whatever you do do not try anything until her and the boyfriend are seperated for good. Once that is over it's up to you if you want to risk the drama that would be dating your friend/roommate.

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

What are you confused about? The fortune cookie thing is the clearest sign you will ever get from a girl short of her jumping on top of you lol.

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

that was some smooth shit on her part. Just wait till they're separated if you decide to do anything.

5. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Re-evaluate once BF is moved out and relationship has been over for a few months. Maybe she is into you, maybe she is trying to use you to piss off her BF.

Wont know til he is far out of the picture.

6. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I'm more confused about what to do. I will not do anything with her until they are officially broken up, I would never knowingly help someone cheat. I think she is trying to send me a signal, which is why she did it that way. She had already pissed him off with a guy she doesn't really like. We are too good a friends for her to do that with me.

I don't know if he is going to stick around. There are money issues, and I know she would have trouble paying both of their shares (based on room size, they have the biggest)

The timing is a problem. I don't know how long to wait (too soon vs. giving up)

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

TALK TO HER NOW. dont do it in a calm business-oriented way. be dramatic, make a scene from a movie come to life and tell her you cant stop thinking about her but you promised yourself not to do anything until she's broken up, then STORM OFF (she should be chasing you by this point) . drive away or soem shit.

8. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I would not mess with her. Its your friends girlfriend and whether she may become his ex, its still your friends ex.

Personally, I think that would be fucked up if a friend of mine tried or did hook up with an ex of mine.

9. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

It might be weird, if you hooked up with her, I dunno. If she wanted you she would be with you looong ago..

10. iwishyouwerebeer

More importantly IMO is the fact that they are roommates.

11. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Have her move into your room and put the big room up for 3rd room mate.

Seriously... If they're not broken up you don't want to step on anyones toes but as long as you two stay close and you're there for her the possibility of a future relationship will exist.

12. Guz200sx

No....the girl is one of his best friends. The BF is just a good friend BUT still a dick move to go after another guy's gf and/or ex.

13. Guz200sx

Definately, still a big NO in my book.

Good friend, Best friend or even just a friend, I would not do something like this.

14. Marc™

Marc™ New Member

Like Crimson said, that girl had some smooth shit going. LOL

I'm pretty sure she knew what it meant when she gave it to you.

15. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

The biggest thing holding me back is that she is one of my best friends. I don't want to lose her as a friend. If he keeps living here that would be another reason (sounds like he will).

If I could guarantee that it would work out I would do it in a heartbeat. However with how my life has worked out recently I can't know it will. If it was anyone else who I was not as close of a friend to, but she helped me though a tough part of my life. At the same time we do know each other already, and several people who didn't know us thought we were dating.

16. R1DDL3

R1DDL3 FLYING HELLFISH

give it some time. is there really any reason why you should make a move now?

17. nsane

nsane New Member

Every time I see a thread like this I have to check the poster's location: my previous roommate tried to pull shit like this all of the time. Much worse than this though, he'd constantly hit on my gf and try to get her to hang out with him alone in his hometown. Then he started telling her I was cheating on her, which really crossed the line. I still think he's the biggest douche ever, even though I still interact with him on a daily basis... So basically, be REALLY sure that you want someone to hate you for a long time if you start crossing lines that probably shouldn't be crossed.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

The boyfriend is going to keep living there? :barf: Prepare yourself for an unbearably uncomfortable living situation for a long time.

19. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I hang out with both of them. I hit on her when I first met her and didn't know they were together, but not since then. I have been trying to keep them together for a while. This was a sudden thing that threw me off.

As far as now. They are officially seperated, but at least more civil now. From the way he was talking I don't think he will move out soon, and I doubt she will either, but neither has decided for sure.

I'm torn on what to do, but at this point I am going to go with the flow of things and see where it goes. At the least I can hang out without feeling like the extra wheel all the time (all of my good friends are in LTRs) But that seems like a terrible thing to say...

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Wait, I'm confused....The bf is your roommate? I was under the impression that the girl was your roommate and her bf just came and lived with her. So you're telling me it's actually his room and she is staying in it? Is she still living there?

Wow, trying to start a relationship with her at all then is even MORE a nightmare situation.

21. Shoesman2

Shoesman2 New Member

iv been in that position b4 and your better off putting her off b/c its only going to ruin a friendship in the long run even if your trying to just bust a nut

22. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sounds like she's vulnerable and is fishing, definitely give it sometime. You don't want to rush into something untrue. If you give it time and she has enough will and smart to regroup and continue on with her life, then you might think of making a move.

23. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Sorry for the confusion. They are both paying roommates, sharing one room. They have been taking turns with one staying here and the other crashing somewhere else.

He has a semi-priority since he found the house. However there is a girl he may start dating (part of the break up) and move in with her.

I would prefer if my female (better) friend stayed, but I can go with it either way. Just hope the rent/utilities doesn't go up too much.