Confused about what to eat

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Cerridwen, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Alright so I read the stickies and I've done a Google search.
    What I want to know is pretty basic. How do I know how many servings of grains, fruits, vegetables etc I should be eating each day? I am really confused with this. :o I would also like to know how many calories I should be eating each day to lose weight. Do I take the amount of calories I need to maintain my weight and cut 250 off of there as well as excercising to lose 250 calories a day?
    Thank you

edit: All I'm really looking for is some good websites that will help me begin to eat healthier and understand how much I am supposed to be eating.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2006
  2. Huge Evil Robot

Huge Evil Robot Must not sleep, must warn others

detail overload!1

before everyone flames you foe being a noob, what is your height/weight/sex/activity level/ballpark bf %

also, you really should do some more research

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

All I want is a link that will explain to me what I need to eat. Something like the old food pyramid before the government changed it (or maybe an explanation of the new one-although from what I've read it's useless).

I am a noob, flame all you want as long as it includes a little bit of information. :hs:

edit: How can I do research when I can't find the information I'm looking for?

4. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

i would worry more about total calories than how many of those calories are fruits and vegetables.
    as long as you eat SOME you'll be fine
    the old saying is 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day is healthy.
    fruits and vegetables are very good for making you feel full compared to how many calories are in them, so overall it will be easier to eat less calories a day the more are fruits and vegetables.

here's a cookie cutter cutting plan, adjust for your weight
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr116.htm

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Don't worry... once your pitbull bites you he'll probably take a good 5-10 lbs of flesh off and you'll be at your target weight! :fawk:

jk.

Grains, veggies, and fruits will fill you up the most with the least amount of calories as peter said (grains being more calories than the other two though, but less than meat etc).

6. xela

xela So say we all!

Har har. Like pit bull owners never have heard that before. :rolleyes:

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

In terms of losing weight you really don't 'need' to eat a minimum amount of grains, fruits and veggies. Try to just consume 10X your bodyweight in calories to start off with. And get some adequate protein intake... maybe .8-1g per lb of weight? And if i understood your question, yes you can get the calorie deficit either by eating less or burning more through exercise or a combination of both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.