GUN Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 25, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm

Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has disturbing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparently forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

So...what does this all mean?

In the last edition of The Illinois Shooter, we reported on the activities of a shady taskforce known as the Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

Thanks to a ruling by a liberal federal judge, the CAGE unit now has the name of every single person in the United States who, since 1992, lawfully purchased more than one handgun in the period of a week. The CAGE unit also has all the makes, models and serial numbers of those guns. In essence, the Chicago Police Department is now registering guns and gun owners nationwide.

The ISRA has also learned that the CAGE unit has compiled a list of families where more than one person in that family holds a FOID card. Acting on that information, the CAGE unit is now contacting gun shops where those families have shopped, and is illegally registering all guns purchased by those families.

Now, it appears that the CAGE unit is scrubbing Chicago's gun registration list against the list of FOID card holders. Indications are that folks who have let their registrations and FOIDs lapse will have their guns confiscated. We have to wonder how long it will be until state troopers show up at the doors to confiscate the guns of non-Chicago residents who have let their FOIDs expire.

More later as this story develops.

2. W3rd

W3rd New Member

What a fucked up situation.

I mean, how can you defend your right in this situation without being labeled as a criminal?

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Seriously, fuck that state.

4. Werm

Werm Guest

Anti's take baby steps but no matter how small the step you're still going to get somewhere with time.

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

GOD DAMN THIS PLACE!

I can't wait to leave here. Fucking bullshit, but I only got 2 months left...I'll take my gun to my house in TN before I give it up to these fucks.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I don't know when this was posted, but this is seriously old news, like years. Welcome to Illinois.

If you want something more recent about IL here you go:
    http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/366227.php?contentType=4&contentId=422116
    Mayor Richard M. Daley says the tragedy on the Virginia Tech campus this week is a call to arms to approve new gun control measures at the state and federal level.

WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports.

Mayor Daley is renewing his call for an assault weapons ban and a limit on the purchase of weapons to one a month. But, Virginia has a one-a-month limit, and the mayor acknowledges none of his proposals would have prevented the rampage at Virginia Tech.

So, after the latest police cadet graduation, the mayor proposed a new idea: posting information on the Internet identifying anyone who purchases a weapon. Daley believes there should be some way for universities—and even businesses—to know if students or workers have been buying guns.

The National Rifle Association opposes even keeping information about gun purchases, let along posting such information on the web.

7. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Um no Officer, I lost that gun years ago.
    Um no Officer, that gun was stolen years ago.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guns? :dunno: Lost them all in a boating accident a couple years ago.

9. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

:ugh:

I get so mad when I hear such stupidity... :mad:

10. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Holy shit, my gun just broke out of my safe, jumped out the window and ran into the ocean (while shooting at pregnant nuns and little orphans selling lemonade.) Shit, oh well I dont own any guns anymore.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

good lord.

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

it is a good thing there are no criminals in IL

13. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I can't wait to see the crime rate go through the roof.

14. striker754

striker754 Chillin

LOL hello millions of stolen guns.

15. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

How could they have the information of everyone that's purchased a gun in the US?

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Multiple handguns, not just a gun.

17. Jake!

Jake! Guest

I'm happy I don't live in Illinois any more.