Condom broke, but on BC ... question.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SpectraRedZ, Feb 18, 2007.

1. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Tonight we had some 'intense' sex for my birthday, and somewhere along the line the condom broke! I've been on Yaz for 6 days, tomorrow (well, I guess today since it's Sunday now) will be my 7th day (and it says in the booklet you no longer need a backup method after the week has passed if you so choose). Should everything be fine even though I don't take my 7th pill until 1:30pm, or do I really need to run out and get some E.C. later in the day to be positive? :noes:

Any help would be appreciated!!

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Call your doctor to verify anything you are told in this thread. Call your doctor anyways.

3. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

You should be fine

4. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

The doctor isnt around until Monday, I do plan on verifying with her if everything should be fine or not. I wanted to see if anyone had some advice on this so we're not paranoid the rest of today and tomorrow. The little booklet they give doesnt say anything about that happening that first week you start, it only talks about missed pills.

5. fray

fray New Member

Why don't you go to the pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist. They are educated on such things as well, and should be able to sell you emergency contraception if needed. The sooner you use it, the better if there is an actual problem.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

There are ALWAYS doctors on call ;) You can also call a service like Nurse Direct (it is local to me, but it is free for everyone).
    [SIZE=-1]Contact: Affinity Nurse Direct Po Box 8066 Suite 3b Appleton, WI 54912 920-628-9622 [/SIZE]