MMA Conditioning question

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Sep 27, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So I got cleared to train I might give it an extra week or two just to make sure. Right now Im going to start working 2 jobs to get my finances in order to fly out. I want to start training immediately so Im going to get my streghnth / conditioning together.

Usually I condition using a heavy bag / rolling and sparring but I dont have that available to me right now. I remember reading a article on a conditioning cirquit people would run and it would improve their wind. It was like jog a certain part of the track then run another part.

Any one have an article like that and wheres a good place to get some kettle bells online?

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

High Intensity Interval Training - HIIT check in F&N for more info Drag had some stuff on it in here too.

3. teep

teep New Member

Kettlebells are great. Bodybuilding.com and even youtube has some great stuff. If you're training for thailand though make sure you train like they do. Otherwise you'll be so sore after day 1 you won't want to do shit. Try to do a lot of distance running. Old school yes, but that's how they do it there. Jump rope at least 3-5 rounds every day and shadow box after. Do tons of repetitions kicking. Also, do as much clinch sparring as you possibly can. strenghten your neck cause they'll rip it right fucking off.

I think what you might be talking about is fartlek. it's basically you sprint for 30 seconds, jog for 30. and do 3 miles or so of that. adjust the intervals and distance accordingly for you're own cardio.

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) Sprint:MotoQ9c)

I could tell you about it - but its easier to just google HIIT. The cliffs version is run a minute, jog a minute, repeat til puke.

5. rtzcom

rtzcom bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~

We do suicides since we have very small gym space.

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

We do these with a dumbbell at each end mix it up sprints walk then an excercise with the dumbbell its pretty tough but very effective.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

crossfit + running

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

thanks guys! Ive been doing some research Im thinking running for like 20 mins 15 secound sprint 45 secound jog. I dled full kontact kettle bells instructional to get some more info on kettle bells.

9. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

you'll likely be training barefoot on cement floors

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Im used to that already freaking karate