MMA Conditioning exercises v. Your suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by teep, Aug 15, 2006.

1. teep

teep New Member

We all know conditioning is absolutely essential. If everyone could post their exercises/suggestions that would be great. That way if anyone were so incline, they could take those suggestions and incorporate them into their own routine. I know I will.

I picked this up at one of the hardest wrestling camps I've been to. If you can do this with little to no rest in between and still go really hard I commend you.

Rambo Run
    Drop and do 15 pushups and sprint 100 yards. Do another a 15 pushups and run back. That counts as 1. Do that 10 times (so 20 sprints).
    Then drop and do 10 pushups and sprint 50 yards. Do another 10 pushups and sprint back. Do that 5 times.

There was something called a Jono run too which was long distance running with a whole lot of jump roping in between. I can find the specifics if anyone is interested.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

10 count Bodybuilders.

(1-2)do a jumping jack
    (3)squat
    (4)kick out legs to pushup position
    (5-6)do a pushup
    (7)kick out legs from pushup position (make a V or A depending on how you look at it)
    (8)bring legs back to pushup position
    (9)bring legs back to bottom of the squat
    (10)up

That's one. I think we did 30 of those as a conditioning excercise.

3. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

just reading it makes me want to puke :p

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

We have a day of curcuit training as well with pushups, medicine ball pushups, stability ball pushups, stability ball squats, side squats, body bar twists, bridges, and some other shit.

We alternate that whole workout one week to 30 bodybuilders as the entire conditioning the next week... that is how much it sucks.

5. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

A great way to build stamina is staged sprinting. Start with a one-minute sprint, followed by a one-minute walk (to lower your heart rate back down). Do this for a half an hour a day, however many days a week you want to work cardio. It also works really well if you'd rather swim instead of run.

6. teep

teep New Member

:werd: Swimming is awesome for conditioning. It's great for when my knees are bothering me and when I get shin splints that are too bad to ignore.

7. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

This is pretty sad, but I actually need something to condition my arms. They get tired too quick and I can't keep em up all the time. My shoulders specifically.

8. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

weight circuits are pretty good, i like to do

bb-rowx10
    upright rowsx10
    front squatsx10
    military pressx10
    back squatsx10

and repeat, you can do this with 25's on the bar, it'll still kick your ass

9. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

Swimming works wonders for that, too. I did a lot of swimming sprints (see above post) to prep for a fight until my shoulder started acting up (old motorcycle injury), and I felt like I could punch all day long before I started feeling winded.

10. NovedYarg

NovedYarg Drinks Their Kool-Aid

We did Rambo Runs for baseball conditioning but added 25 crunches on top of the 10 pushups before doing 100 yard sprints. Fun times. :hs: