Concert Venue's

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Matt550, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

What are some your favorite concert venue's or places you would want to see a concert at?

My favorite is Red Rocks. Ive seen tons of concerts there, best place in the United States IMO

Here is some cool stuff at it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rocks_Amphitheatre

2. Roshizzle10304

Roshizzle10304 Active Member

probably one of the more popular venues in my area is the marquee theatre in tempe. they usually have 5-6 shows a week. its a cool venue, but the sound quality is average.
    probably the best venue for sound is the mesa amphitheatre, altho usually only big acts play there.

3. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

Redrocks is awesome. I like smaller venues though, the fox theater in boulder, the ogden, bluebird, gothic....you get the idea.

4. Bear Fight

Bear Fight New Member

Probably House of Blues in Chicago. Very nice place, always has good sound.

5. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

Never been to any of those. And I used to live directly across the street from the Gothic on Floyd and Lincoln. I just dont go to concerts like I used to, it gets expensice.

6. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

Hammerstein Ballroom or Roseland in NYC, small awesome venues with amazing sound

7. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

LC Pavillion in Columbus is the best around here, IMO. Germain sucks nuts, and most everywhere else is a meh copy of the LC. I got to see Chimaira and Fear Factory there. Best show ever.

8. groton

groton New Member

The Gorge in Washington State is Great for outdoor places.

Indoor Hammerstein Ballroom or Roseland in NYC I agree both great Venue's

9. Prozac

Prozac .

Vega, Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe

Rather small venue with space for like 1500 people. The sound is the best and they still manage to get some of the really big names.

Smashing Pumpkins played there not long ago - tickets were sold out in 2 mins hahaha

10. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

i saw a show in Minneapolis, MN on Friday at The Varsity....
    it was really pretty...

11. xomgitscoryx

xomgitscoryx New Member

I wish the venues around here in Fresno were better. They're all crap and plus the last show I went to we all got maced and missed the headlining act..

12. Aviv

Aviv OT Supporter

I actually thought Germain had pretty good acoustics. Beats the piss out of Blossom in Cleveland/Akron.

13. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

No, I went for FF, I've been a fan since Demanufacture. I didn't really know much by Chimaira at the time, so that was an eye opener for me (and became the reason I listen to them now). 40 Below Summer opened, and they were meh live, decent music, horrible show, they played like someone beat the shit outta them with a sledgehammer. No energy at all. Slipknot sucked there though. They played a couple songs from Vol.3 (this was just before it was released) and then played The Heretic Anthem. After it was over, they started the opening of Surfacing and went into The Heretic Anthem again for some reason (alcohol probably). I fucking walked out with about 300 other people. It was bullshit.

14. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

And yeah, the acoustics of Germain are good, for an outdoor venue, however, their food/drink/beer prices are fucking stupid, and they have some of the worst pricing of any of the Columbus venues. You can go to the LC or Newport and see some killer bands for a fraction of what Germain charges for a mediocre show.

15. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

Don't get me wrong, what part of the show they played without fucking it up was good. But once they started Surfacing, I was like yeah, one of my favorite songs, and then it went into Heretic Anthem. I was like wtf? I figured they just screwed up and would start playing Surfacing, nope. I walked out, with like I said, like 300 other people.

Right now, I want to see Tool (which isn't going to be anytime soon from what I've heard), I want to see FF again, and I want to see Chimaira again. There's plenty more, but those 3 would make my year if I saw them this year.

16. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

el rey theatre

17. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

I am seeing Chimaira with All That Remains at HOB Orlando in a week or so:wavey: