TAT Concerned about a piercing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by motarded, Apr 19, 2006.

1. motarded

motarded Guest

Hey everyone. I've never posted in this forum but I do have a pretty cool greek link symbol ankle tattoo with me and my girl's initials.

Anyway, I had a piercing in my ear, right in the center halfway from the lobe to the tip, on the edge. I had it for about 1.5 years and there was always a bump that had formed next to it. When I tried to pop it, I just bled all over myself - no puss. Anyway, I took the earring out but I really want to get it re-pierced. I'm just worried about this weird bump/growth.

Has anyone gotten this before?

2. Lidia

Lidia Guest

3. Lidia

Lidia Guest

I added this question to the FAQ at the top of this forum, check it out.

4. leeHA

leeHA New Member

Lidia is correct...

I got my tragus pierced sometime last year and almost developed a keloid...until I took it out and it went away.... :hs:

5. motarded

motarded Guest

Thanks a lot guys... That article suggests it will take a long time for this keloid to heal, if it ever does. Does this mean piercings in this area are off limits for good? I know you guys aren't doctors but if you can share any experiences I appreciate it :)

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I wouldn't say they're off limits for good. It could also just be hypertrophic scarring which is caused by some sort of irritation to the piercing (soap, shampoo, dirtiness, touching it, improper jewellery). There are many things it could be.

7. J

J Active Member

i think a keloid might be forming inside my left lobe.. i've feared it for a while, but i think this thread might confirm it.

in light of that, should i continue stretching it?

a little background:
    when i first got my lobes pierced (at 14g, i believe), my left ear lobe bled. it healed up after a while and i had no problems after that until recently.

now, i've had an 8g double flared piece for a while, but when i pulled it out, it felt a little tighter than the right lobe.

i recently put in 6g pieces of jewelry. of course, it fit into the right lobe with ease, but i had a lot of trouble with the left. i could feel a lump when i tried massaging it. after a little bit of pain and effort, i finally got it in.

tonight, i pulled it out to clean it up a bit when i noticed a little bit of blood. however, it dried up quick.

the symptoms are there: slight itching/irritation, slight pain. so is it really a keloid? :noes:

and again, should i continue stretching?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Keloids are visible on the surface of your skin. It sounds like you have some form of irritation in your lobe. Id just massage it (gently) daily and just do some salt soaks and it should clear up.

9. J

J Active Member

:cool: thanks a lot. that's a huge relief