GUN concealed crew thinking of joining

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Nov 23, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So I live in a pretty ruff part of south florida and with the economy the way it is violent crime is just getting worse and worse. About a year ago a bum tried to mug me at a gas station but it was an epic fail for him because he was far away and I was already getting in my car so I locked the doors and just kind of drove off.

I was concidering getting a hand gun then but then I got over it. 2 nights ago some one came over to my car while I was in a drive through and started knocking on my window. I looked over and it was some random guy with 2 dollars in his hand. He said "buy me a chicken sandwich right quick",
    Im all like wtf? and something didnt seem right so I said no. The guy persisted and I just ignored him. He started getting agetated and asked me if I was scared I then noticed he had a knife in his pocket. Like a big ass butchers knife lol.

So at that point I decided to say fuck this shit and drove away. I already have a armed guard licence I got 2 years ago and since I got that I just had to send in some paper work to get my cwp so I have both. I also enjoy shooting rifles and what not.

My real issue is that I dont think I will feel safer with a weapon, Im more afraid of carrying and the responsibility associated with having a concealed weapon then the actual fear of people mugging me. So I wanted to get your take on having a concealed weapon and how it has affected your life etc

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

how has it affected my life? it hasnt really. i feel a little safer but i know there are criminals out there with guns too. it just evens the playing field more. i am more aware of the environments i go to, signs on doors, and people around me too

3. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

I used to carry daily but now I am prohibited from even having a firearm locked in my car when I'm at work. When I did carry, I never could get over the obsession with not printing. Current in trend styles are not very carry friendly either. Plus I put on some weight and a gun doesn't disappear on my side like it used to. If I carry at all now, it's pocket carry with a P3AT. It isn't ideal but I figure it is better than nothing.

4. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

i daily carry my s&w 442 now, i dont' even notice it in my pocket

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Sorry, we are full.

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I had it when I lived in MO and carried every day. I moved to CT and applied for it within 3 weeks of getting here. I won't be able to carry to work though, as I drive through NY everyday.

7. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I wish I could at least have it locked in my truck while at work. If they even find ammunition of any kind in a personal vehicle, with or without the firearm... instant termination. We can't even bring pocket knives.... they aren't "safe" and one must use an approved safety box cutter that doesn't cut shit.

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Can they search your vehicle?

9. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

where do you work

10. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Get your resume in order. There has to be a less communist place that would hire you. This is Texas, after all.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Neither of those situations required the use of a gun, how are they relevant to concealed carry? If you believe that a gun will become your go to solution for situations that are resolved by say locking your doors and driving off then you're right, don't carry.

12. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

refinery

13. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

I've been carrying concealed almost daily for the past year or so.... They only thing I worry about is somebody seeing it at work. There's nothing official in our employee handbook about it. So, in my mind, it's "don't ask, don't tell." Some of you might have seen my thread about our ticking time bomb employee... he's the main reason I carry at work.

As far as outside of work, if anything, it has calmed me down. I realize that I'm carrying, and I go out of my way to avoid any sort of confrontations. I'm sure SOME CCW'ers out there get all tough and loud now that they have a gun as ulimate backup... I'm the opposite.

The only other thing is having to be concious of carrying on me and avoiding any and all alcohol. I can't stop after work and have a beer, etc... I have to go home and drop it off and then go out. Not a big deal, really. :)

14. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

it's a very small percentage of CWP holders that think they're invincible. from what i understand, most are like you, they try to avoid confrontation as much as possible, even more than they did when they weren't armed. you live by a higher standard.

15. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

Well, there are a couple of us here that I know have CPLs. I know one guy just keeps his out in his truck, more for comfort than anything. I'm not sure if the other guy carries inside of work... but yeah, we're always bringing in stuff to show off, or at least saying "come outside for a sec" and showing it in the car/truck.

:bigthumb:

16. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

dawt

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

my point is if that can happen (twice) then the odds are it might happen again and the next incident might be more physical and I wont have a chance to respond accordingly I might need a fire arm to protect myself.

18. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

north miami/ little haiti area

19. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Why would his broski do that? Sounds like a BG to me.

20. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

werd miami ftl

21. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah its getting crazy down here. Like I said before I dont want to use the gun and Im going to do everything in my power to avoid having to use it but the way things are going I feel that there is a need to get one in case I get put into a situation where I would need to use it to defend myself or a loved one.